Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Static port plug for Socata TB series and 3D printing

I’ve flown a TB10 today and it had a cotter pin in the static port hole

I finally finished the 3d printed static port plug for Socata Trinidad, Tobago, and Tampico. Many thanks to pshz11 who came up with a very nice initial design, that only required tiny modifications. See the details and photos at Static Port Plug.
Enjoy!

P.S. The type club advises against cotter pins, because the metal is too hard and can damage the static port plastic tube.

Last Edited by Lucius at 29 Jun 01:30
United States

Nice Job Lucius / pshz!

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Has anyone managed to make or obtain any of these plugs?

I discovered one of my two to be missing today. Very strange since the plane normally lives in a hangar…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I bought both static plugs from Daher-Socata through Troyes Aviation. You wouldn’t want to know the price!

200 quid each?

I will machine some up from a nylon rod, in a lathe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@ESN please share – how much were they? I am always interested in such matters, and others here too. It’s ok, we won’t tell anyone :D

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Hello Howard,

The P/N is TB1097003002 and the price for both plugs is 200 € excluding VAT (20% in France) and shipping costs. It comes with EASA Form 1!

Edouard

What would you need a from 1 for ????
Next is a form one for the cowling/cockpit cover?
Given that, amongst other alternatives, even some nylon rack board holder from IKEA work perfectly, it screams scam to me….

EDM_, Germany

Thanks @ESN. That is indeed a crazy price. I don’t have any static port plugs for my TB20…and I won’t be buying any from Socata!

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message