Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot (merged)

It is a single user Jepp licence or you can use a spare key if you have a Jepp MFD sub

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I use a JeppFD license for just a couple of years. It comes with 4 site keys.
Of course I was excited to hear about the new features, so instantly I tried to get it working.
Log-in on the Jeppesen tab in Garmin Pilot with my Jepp user credentials was no problem, next step accepting the EULA, but the next screen shows a message: No site keys available.
I checked my Jepp account: I´m actually using only two out of the four site keys associated with the JeppFD subscription.
I have a Germany VFR subscription of JeppFD (IFR is from Garmin), so I suspect for now the feature is available for the Jepp IFR charts only.
Is anybody able to get the Jepp VFR Terminal Charts and Airport diagrams displayed in the Garmin Pilot App ?

Best regards

Frank

Last Edited by CD135 at 21 Jul 18:51
EDFM

My understanding is that a JeppView key can not be used. You need a key from an MFD subscription or a new single sub for either VFR or IFR

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Ok, that’s bad news….
Some years ago I could enable the VFR Terminal charts on a Garmin Aera 795 via installing a ChartView Key. Same should be possible with Garmin Pilot, otherwise this feature is useless for VFR in Europe.
The big advantage of Jepp MobileFD VFR over the Garmin Pilot App is the integration of airport diagrams (not only the controlled fields) and the VFR approach charts (aka Bottlang). This should be available in Garmin Pilot as well.

Best regards

Frank

EDFM

Just activated this. It is excellent and saves me using two apps now. I gather there will be some special offers coming in Europe like the US ones for single site licences. I just had to deactivate my JeppFD and use the licence for GP.

Last Edited by JasonC at 22 Jul 01:19
EGTK Oxford

Jason, can you do this with the AIP charts? If so, how?

I actually found out. It’s a bit less intuitive than SkyDemon but has the advantage of I think all the terminal charts being geroreferenced

Now all we need is to be able to export from RocketRoute to GP, or even better from Autorouter to GP

Any idea how to view the Jepp manuals in GP? I can download them but no idea where to view them

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Hmmmm, dilemma time. I have a Jepp subscription but I’m not sure I can have both FD and GP running Jepp plates and there are bits of FD that are still useful. Meanwhile…..

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

@Dave_Phillips how to overlay approach chart over map on GP? I can’t find this set up.

TomF
EPWS
Sign in to add your message