Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin GNS/GTN database costs and coverage discussion (merged)

lionel wrote:

If you are an AOPA member, claim your AOPA member rebate from Jeppesen!

Yes I am and I know, 15 % discount that is.

Thanks lionel!

Germany

UdoR wrote:

If that is correct – anyone here willing to share his IFR charts for foreflight?

IFR charts purchased from ForeFlight are for a single pilot account and may not be shared with other pilots or other accounts. You can install them on three of your devices.

KUZA, United States

Has anyone worked out if a business account with multiple users for EuroGA IFR pilots is better deal? Or maybe even Navtech with Airbus?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

The ForeFlight Business account requires at least two pilots. Adding on Jeppesen Charts is the same price for each pilot and there is a two device limit for each pilot. So there is some savings for the two person Business license in comparison to two individual licenses, but there is no savings per person for adding the Jeppesen Charts. See https://foreflight.com/pricing/business for pricing of the Business Licensing.

KUZA, United States

I think this is way too complicated.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The ordering process for the Business subscription suggests that every pilot on the subscription must have the same FLARM/VFR add-ons and the same region(s). Maybe a manual setup with the sales team can work around that, I don’t know.

The automated system does give one the SAFE/NAFI/… 33.33% discount on Business subscriptions.

ELLX

O.K. now my summary.

A Jeppesen PilotPak provides for all data for the built-in devices plus charts for built-in devices as well as four subscriptions for mobile devices.

If no charts for built-in devices are needed, as is my case, then usage of a PilotPak without charts is a lot cheaper for the built-in devices.

The Jeppesen mobile charts may then be bought either from Jeppesen or from within Foreflight, where the price is identical or at least practically the same. According to Foreflight Support, the better option is to buy the Jeppesen charts through Foreflight, because this subscription may be used on three devices, whereas charts bought from Jeppesen directly would only work on one single device.

Germany

Hello
Can you confirm, when choosing « G1000 PilotPak Four Installs » that you get charts on the MFD as well as four keys ?
This is rather new to me. I thought the only way to get charts on the avionics was to go with « JEPPVIEW MFD ».
PilotPak allows significant saving as well as more databases available.

I’m also looking into this…

I got a Invoice from owner of an aircraft I’m looking at. (2021-2022)

He has Aspen 1000, Garmin GTN 650 and Garmin GNS430.

Navdata Coverage Garmin GTN 600 Series. GTN 700 Series – Central Europe
Price: 393EUR

Navdata Coverage Garmin GNS 400 Series. GNS 500 Series – Central Europe
Price: 112EUR

Navdata Coverage Aspen Avionics EFD, International
Price: 314EUR

These prices are Ex VAT and missing some discount (written by hand on invoice)

What Do I get for my money here?
Is it missing something?

ESMS, ESML, Sweden

Navdata for WAAS GNS Central Europe is 410€

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message