Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

iPad mounts (merged thread)

Lucius, I like your passenger rail seat mount, but as I said, it is not my plane, so I need an installation which is easily installable and removable at each flight.

I bought a RamMount Yoke clamp which does not fit well when installed on the yoke column (the arm is too short, even the longer ones from RamMount).
but seeing the different installations at Socata.org, I did not thought of clamping it on the yoke arm.

I will may give it a try, or opt for a scratched solution to the yoke center, like this one

[ pic added since the link will probably go dead soon ]

LFBZ, France

Given how often overheating is cited as an issue for iPads, has anyone tried one of these?

Apparently compatible with RAM mounts…

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

That’s brilliant. Cooling the metal back of the tablet will definitely do the job.

Actually I don’t think you need fans; a heatsink would also work, but you would need a good thermal contact which would make the tablet potentially not removable.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter, I’ll give this a go and report back. Seems worth a punt for £159, but right now everything seems cheap compared to the cost of my engine overhaul… sobs…

Last Edited by jgmusic at 18 Mar 11:21
jgmusic
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I presume the four-fan version is for running a bitcoin mining app in the background?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Haha, i believe it’s for larger iPads…

Last Edited by jgmusic at 18 Mar 13:10
jgmusic

No, it’s available for iPad mini as well.

Last Edited by Rob at 18 Mar 16:00

Indeed. 2-fan version for iPad mini, 4-fan version for larger iPads.

jgmusic

I bought one last year after several overheating events of my iPad last year. It is expensive, but quite well build and does what it promises.

Sign in to add your message