Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mauritania and Senegal.

I used to have a UVAIR card, they don’t take it anymore at least in Marrakech.
Maybe they need a fuel release but they don’t tell it.

For foreigner, you have to pay in Euros. Take big and also small bill, they never had change.
I just see on the AIP that you can pay with a Maroccan Shell Card but I don’t have one…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

We’re planning a trip to Morocco in May. I hear a Shell fuel card is very useful – does anyone know how to get one?

EGEO

I remember !
I will be in Senegal and Guinée Bissau during the same week !! Not exactly the same place :( Back to France near 16/05…

Patrick

vrh
LFCS

I will be in Morocco the first week of may… If you stop in Marrakech on the way back we can meet there…
We miss each other for 5 minutes last time in Dakhla…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

@Romain
I return to Dakar via Dakhla in 2 weeks….Can be that we shall meet again? ;)
Patrick

vrh
LFCS

We overflew Mauritania departing Lanzarote to Dakar in late January. We used White Rose to get these and other clearances with no problems. Avgas available at Dakar in barrels.

EGNC, United Kingdom

As said Romain: there is a way to fly from Marocco to Senegal via Atar and not pay anything or not too much for the landing fees and handling. However, if you need AVGAS (which can be arranged), this has to come from the aeroclub at Nouakchott and comes in barrels. Here are some pictures of me flying through Mauritania, landing at Atar and getting the AVGAS there: https://www.flickr.com/photos/terwelle/albums/72157650589141428

EDLE, Netherlands

I’m doing 2 trip per year to Sénégal (departing from Morrocco).
It’s more and more dificult to get the overflight and landing permit for Mauritania and Sénégal.

I avoid landing in Mauritania now. I get report from friend that landing fee are more and more expensive and you have to pay cash police to don’t get so bother…

We stop for fuel in Western Sahara (Dakhla) two month ago they had AVGAS. And continue to Saint Louis or Dakar.

If anyone has answer I be pleased to help.

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Just my personal experience and opinion. I would have no problem sending our youngest blond daughter of 20 to Mauritania to work there e.g. as a volunteer for some time. It is safe in my opinion, from what I experienced and from what was told to me by foreigners living there. They suggested that what you read on the websites of the department of foreign affairs of some countries is not always that accurate. They had a safety issue far and away near the border of Mali some time ago, but there is no hang toward ISIS or anything like that in this country. There is also the issue that the French are taking out a lot of iron ore from Mauritania and prefer not to have “tourists” looking over their shoulders.

EDLE, Netherlands

Is Mauritania safe?

[[ smallest possible character set ]]
some might say it is safer than Belgium

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message