Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

LSZH in the logbook will look good!!!

TheAvenger – we need to exchange e-mails. Think this site has a system whereby we can do that without ‘going public’.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

In what area are we staying? Is there a specific hotel where people are going to? Should I already book a room?

Good one Peter

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

The night stop idea was just an option to keep things relaxed. In fact I would rather like it!!

6.5+ hours from North UK (even with a fullstop landing) no autopilot, pressure to stay VFR etc. is a fair time.

Could look at Birrfeld (LSZF), Grenchen (LSZG) or St. Gallen (LSZR).

But what the heck – how much for a modest room near LSZH ?!!!!

In what area are we staying? Is there a specific hotel where people are going to? Should I already book a room?

Peter detailed a few posting back.

I’ve got that to do yet (hotel booking).

St. Gallen (LSZR) is more expensive than Zurich (LSZH) – about 75 CHF only for the landing. Birrfeld is cheaper (probably about 25 CHF) but has more limited hours. On the other side LSZH has slots – I can give you the exact times you can land VFR and a phone number for the reservation (if MFGZ does not do it for you). I am a member of MFGZ and can also talk with them about the handling and how they organize it for external aircraft.

how much for a modest room near LSZH ?!!!!

You can get a hotel for 80-120 CHF for sure, maybe even cheaper. A hostel can be about 41 CHF but you share the room with others: here.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Ok. I just booked a room in Apoksiomen Hotel Mali Lošinj via booking.com
Very good deal: 126EUR for 2 nights including breakfast. Free cancellation when cancelled before 22 May.

Not sure if I have mentioned this already but some of us have booked into Hotel Apoksiomen which is in the harbour.

Posted at #96

Not sure if I have mentioned this already but some of us have booked into Hotel Apoksiomen which is in the harbour.

Yes, I found it in an earlier post in this thread. Looks like a really nice hotel! Looking forward to meet you guys there!

Hi,

Just found this thread and 14 pages is too much for one evening, so, can I get some brief details? )))

1. Is the Croatia now in EU or it’s like U.K. for EU citizens (no VISA, but with immigration and customs)?
2. Is there any TODO list for this event? (some ground party? formation flying?)))
3. Can I book hotel for 23-26 may for sure? Or any changes expected?
4. What about parking facilites? I can’t see on charts any specific parking stands? Btw how many planes are going actually to arrive?

Realy want to participate:) Checking route from Latvia now

Last Edited by pshz at 26 Feb 12:24
EVCA
Sign in to add your message