Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Did you get the email we sent out in the last few days, pshz?

If not, check your spam folder (or whatever).

Last Edited by Peter at 26 Feb 12:56
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Got it! Thanks Peter!

EVCA

1. Is the Croatia now in EU or it’s like U.K. for EU citizens (no VISA, but with immigration and customs)?

On the croatian side, you will still have to use an “international” aerodrome, since Croatia is non-Schengen. However, Losinj is international, so that’s easy to comply with.

On the “other” end of the flight, it depends:

If you are departing from a non-EU-country, you will definitely need to depart from an international aerodrome.

Even if departing a EU/Schengen country, most countries will also require you to depart from an international aerodrome (for police purposes). Germany would be one example.

But there are exceptions. Italy allows private planes to use any aerodrome if departing towards an EU-but-not-Schengen country (like Croatia); one merely needs to put a remark into field 18 of the FPL, declaring that all people on board possess valid passports.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 26 Feb 13:03
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

So, it can become a little bit complicated for me. I’m Russian citizen, but I have European residence permit (in my case it’s like a schengen visa, but without any staying limitations). It seems, that I need to get Croatian visa at this point?

EVCA

It seems, that I need to get Croatian visa at this point?

Isn’t a visa from any EU country good for all other EU countries? We know quite a few Russians here who work on temporary contracts at the university and who travel freely all over Europe as much as they can. (And I too have a visa from Russia which is good for all GUS states.)

Last Edited by what_next at 26 Feb 13:11
EDDS - Stuttgart

I can travel over Schengen states. Nevertheless I can’t come to U.K. as any other European citizen. Schengen visa allowed Russians to enter Croatia only till July, 1st, 2013. Now, I think, situation will be the same, as with the U.K. Currently I have temporary residence permit.

Last Edited by pshz at 26 Feb 13:16
EVCA

Peter,

Grenchen is about 80 miles from Zürich and 1-2 hours by car. To say it’s near Zürich is “Ryan Air Geography”.

Warley Air: To stop in Zürich you will need to count about £150 in charges, additionally you will need a slot which requires you to land and depart within 30 minutes of a pre-determined time.

TheAvenger: I am operating from Zürich but I am not sure if I have capacity. If there is two of us and full fuel, we will probably be close to RTOW for over the alps, but I can check what happens once I know the plan for May. I have also to advise you that I am purely VFR so my dispatch reliability over the Alps at any given time is maybe 30%.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

But there are exceptions. Italy allows private planes to use any aerodrome if departing towards an EU-but-not-Schengen country (like Croatia); one merely needs to put a remark into field 18 of the FPL, declaring that all people on board possess valid passports.

As does the UK You can fly to/from a farm strip in the UK, from/to Kathmandu. Just send in the GAR form, at the appropriate time in advance

You can fly direct between any “Customs” airport, and any other “Customs” airport in the world – unless the word “Customs” is misrepresented.

Losinj is a “Customs” airport.

Certainly, Russians fly direct to e.g. Brac LDSB. I don’t know about Losinj because the runway there is probably too short for bizjets.

Nevertheless I can’t come to U.K

In that case you might need a Croatian visa – but I would be amazed, due to the historical ties between Yugoslavia and the Soviet Bloc, etc.

2. Is there any TODO list for this event? (some ground party? formation flying?)))

No – people turn up and meet up somewhere

Nearer the time, those who are definitely going should probably exchange contact numbers. A number of people will be staying at the Apoksiomen hotel and there are restaurant/cafe tables outside that. The hotel is behind the big boat in the right hand part of this pic

So we can initially meet up there.

3. Can I book hotel for 23-26 may for sure? Or any changes expected?

The dates are definite, but the weather isn’t, necessarily

Who can turn up will turn up.

I suppose we will cancel it (via the forum) if the weather is “totally impossible” at Losinj, even for IFR arrivals, but that’s very very unlikely over the whole 4 days.

4. What about parking facilites? I can’t see on charts any specific parking stands? Btw how many planes are going actually to arrive?

I think Losinj can take quite a lot of planes. I will leave it to someone to work out how many they could park:

Normally, the number of people that actually turn up is a lot less than how many say they plan to – unless one takes a deposit (money) from everybody, books the hotel(s) and organises the programme (and a “partner programme” for the wives ).

But we are not doing that. I don’t like fly-ins like that because it puts a lot of pressure on people to fly in unsuitable weather.

I think it will be just fine, parking-wise. My guess is 10-20 aircraft.

Maybe somebody can dig out the AIP charts for LDLO and I can upload them somewhere. Here is a Jepp extract:

The airport website and contact details are here.

Last Edited by Peter at 26 Feb 14:06
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just booked the hotel! So, finally, I’m in! :) I think, I’ve also figured out with visa – I don’t need it finally (my permit works from jan, 1st, 2014)

Following my presumed route I found the best place to stay for a night before final leg is a Vienna. Does anyone know about landing conditions and fees in LOWW or, perhaps, some alternate small GA airfield in the vicinity of Vienna?

Last Edited by pshz at 26 Feb 13:44
EVCA

For LOWW prepare anything between 250€ and 350€ depending on number of passengers and be ready to comply with GPS arrival based on WW points. Alternate is LOAN Wiener Neustadt – friendly, nice and cheap.

Last Edited by Emir at 26 Feb 14:23
LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message