Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Building a kit plane: Kitfox S7 versus Rans S21 (or continue dreaming of a RV)?

MW,

I missed that you are in my close neighbourhood, so why don’t we once get together with Zorg and yourself somewhere convenient? Of course I am directly at ZRH airport but on the other hand that may be convenient too. Or if you know the Swiss forum, you might know that we have a monthly round table in Winkel, next one is on Feb 28. I am almost every time there.

And i might mention that I do let my plane to serious people who treat it as if it was their own. Based LSZH. We have space for 2-3 more at this time.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Coda wrote:

MikeWhiskey wrote:
Should you cross the border towards Eastern Switzerland

There’s a border?

It’s not a border, it’s a barrier. A language barrier.

Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

a_kraut wrote:

It’s not a border, it’s a barrier. A language barrier.

Actually, it is a ditch! Called the “Röstigraben”.

Hangar: CHF 3k at least, probably more like CHF 5-8k

Cripes! At that price we could offer our world-famous four-star hangarage at Glenswinton with a weekly return EZY flight from LS?? thrown in.

But wait, there are more than 50,000 farms in Switzerland. Suppose only one in 500 has a farmer getting on a bit, no longer so young and strong, and/or with a grandchild who is nuts about aeroplanes. You have a thousand possibilities who would let you keep a Kitfox in a shed in return for a bit of practical help around the farm in the land of holey cheese and cuckoo clocks. It’s like anything worth having, you have to ask – and be prepared for 499 (or even 4,999) rejections. You only need one “yes” or “maybe”…

Incidentally, don’t believe all that people say about grass runways. For sure it is relatively dry here in Dumfries & Galloway (we actually have not much more than 2 metres rainfall a year, and some days we have no rain at all), but not one of our local grass runways is unusable in winter.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

But wait, there are more than 50,000 farms in Switzerland

And other potential sites, very few of which I’d guess could legally be made available. I do however wonder how and where this photo was taken…

Silvaire wrote:

I do however wonder how and where this photo was taken…

Nice photo, but I could imagine that plane to be a large scale RC model.
LKTB->EGBJ, United Kingdom

@mooney_driver

we have a monthly round table in Winkel, next one is on Feb 28

Will you attend the meeting? I wasn’t aware these monthly meetings are open for everyone, I will come-by…

@Jacko

At that price we could offer our world-famous four-star hangarage at Glenswinton with a weekly return EZY flight from LS?? thrown in.

Indeed, prices appear insane over here…….

Last Edited by Marcel at 07 Feb 13:52
LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

Coda wrote:

Nice photo, but I could imagine that plane to be a large scale RC model.

How about this one of the same plane? I think the distance in the first image is distorted by the camera lens, and of course it may not be in Switzerland. I’ve had the photo for years and always been intrigued by it. This second one was apparently taken in Kestenholz CH and may have resulted in 20 years-to-life for inadequate preflight preparation Regardless, if I were based in Switzerland I’d choose a Jungmann if I could.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 07 Feb 19:55

MikeWhiskey wrote:

Will you attend the meeting? I wasn’t aware these monthly meetings are open for everyone, I will come-by…

Yes they sure are and we like to have new people. Next one is on the 28th at 1830 to about 2130. I am almost always there, in the last 3 years I’ve missed two I believe. There is a doodle where you can register for it, but its purely informative for the restaurant reservation.

Silvaire wrote:

Regardless, if I were based in Switzerland I’d choose a Jungmann if I could.

LOL, well, I suppose we’d be able to find you one to fly someplace.

But frankly, with our climate i always will go for something with a closed cabin and a heater.

And if you want to have a particularly special flight, you should come in winter and take part in either the Schlapin or Arosa fly in. I can connect you with pilots who go there.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 07 Feb 20:03
Sign in to add your message