Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Changing horses..

Congratulations to your new aircraft – what a beauty. What you describe sounds like the kind of flying, lots of us are looking for

EDLE

Nice to hear that you found the toy you were looking for !
Can‘t wait to join the flyin, barbecue and bunk beds

Congratulations! You are now free of engine upgrades, WAAS, GFC700, lack of Diamond support for old customers… Enjoy!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Awesome! thanks for the write-up. Sounds like your having a great time flying her. The Bristell is one beautiful Aircraft. Keep us posted about further Trips! :)

How complex will it be to get the 600kg sign-off for a ULM that was originally certfied for 472,5kg but tested to a highter weight?

Austria

Wow! What a good looking plane!

Tököl LHTL

A very nice airplane indeed! I wonder if the 130cm cabin width will become a new standard? Just to put things in perspective, legacy Jodel homebuild designs offer only ca. 100 cm of space. We are talking about 30% increase than.

Congratulations Aart

I can fully see why you made the move.

Looks like we now need to have more fly-ins in the Spanish area

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Can you share more details on how you got the German ultralight “license” so quickly? I think that is very interesting for many…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I already had my Spanish UL license. So with my other licenses/ratings (CPL/ME/IR/FI) and obviously a valid medical it only took a check flight..

Getting my Spanish UL license was just a matter of a few hours with an instructor btw.

Last Edited by aart at 28 Feb 09:39
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Congratulations aart!

looks like a nice airplane from the outside.

aart wrote:

It is the ‘HD’ version, which has a stronger wing spar and is marketed in the US as a LSA. This means that I’ll very likely be able to get it ‘certified’ for a 600 kg MTOM this or next year, as it will also meet the other requirements in terms of max stall speed, max empty weight and max take-off distance. Will probably need a different parachute though.

Interesting. On their website the HD already is listed with 600 kg. With that, it appears to be rather interesting indeed, with plenty of payload… 630 lb is not bad at all, given that there are 190 lb fuel on board max would leave 440 lb/200 kg for 2 people and bags. With 473 kg it would be a single seater for a very slender person though. So maybe it is already certified for that but then would be a different class which would require a different license, which you already have.

Performance and endurance are quite lovely indeed, 110 kts with 17lph looks like close to 700 NM still air (with reserve).

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message