Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oberpfaffenhofen EDMO

Yes, the Germans with Dutch plates are definitely the worst of the lot.

Well, yes, i know FJS said that. But you can’t reduce that party to one stupid sentence. But i don’t like them either … too self righteous

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 12 Apr 21:19

Yellow plates are the ones to get past quickly in the Alps, flat landers from NL and wrong side drivers from UK.

I pay for the Swiss sticker every year, Two to four Austrian stickers (one week going and one week returning, predated), plus additional cash for Austrian passes, Italian autostrada tolls, and French autoroute tolls… and sometimes I buy a Slovenian sticker too. Last time I was in Croatia I paid cash tolls (not too much BTW) but I heard they’re going to stickers too. My trips to ADAC to buy all the stickers in advance are quite amusing.

I try to peel the Swiss sticker off when I’m finished using it for a few days en route, to give it away, but it’s a hell of a thing with all those little annular circles. Sometimes I succeed

I had a nice flight yesterday, bought $88 of 100LL at $4.65/USG that covered three flights and paid no landing fees or enroute charges. I don’t pay road tolls outside of Europe either. The money for European road tolls has to come from somewhere My new fuel flow totalizer is running about 3% on the safe side.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 12 Apr 21:50

Yeah but you dont have Augustiner Beer, do you?

KHTO, LHTL

Only at the German store That plus Leberkäs… The beer is $9 a six pack or something

Achim,

ah, ok, if the bundesstrassen are not included that was a wrong information then from the sources I had, which were mainly what our papers and the Austrian ones said about it. That at least leaves some leeway then. For the rest, I reckon it´s up to the European courts to decide.

Silvaire,

to peel off the Swiss vignette (daily ritual too here) there are two ways: Either with a shaving knife or you heat up the whole thing with a hair dryer and then it comes off easily. My maintenace shop does the latter. If you are lucky, they even come off whole. I know people who go to breakers yards to get vignetten to glue on their cars for free…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I know people who go to breakers yards to get vignetten to glue on their cars for free…

I know places in Italy where they sell them for 2 or 3 Euros a piece. Fresh from the printer. That is even better than going to the scrap yard

EDDS - Stuttgart

MD, thanks for the peeling advice!

I can imagine the Italians woud have the situation well under control. The first time I bought a Swiss vigmette was in 1989, riding a rented motorcycle solo from London to Como and back. The Swiss stopped me at the border going north. In that pre-internet age I had no prior idea there were any stickers required anywhere.

58 Posts
Sign in to add your message