Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

One of Europe's First - DA40 + GTN650XI + Aspen Evo 2000 Max

First time flying an EFIS, here’ is my review on the new setup!

After a much-anticipated wait, this video we premier what is most likely to be one of the first Diamond DA40’s in Europe sporting a fully approved ASPEN Evolution 2000 MAX, fully supplemented with a twin state-of-the-art Garmin GTN 650Xi Touchscreen Flight Navigator, fully approved for EGNOS, PBN & LPV approaches.

In addition, a Bluetooth capable audio panel called GMA 345 has been installed which has new features such as audio playback and 3D audio. Stay tuned for many more fun flying adventures!

Read more: https://www.theflyingvlog.uk/new-avionics/

Flying an ILS approach

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Nice!
Why was an aspen system selected as PFD instead of a G500txi?
Anyone else dislike 3d audio? I think it’s terrible.

always learning
LO__, Austria

And unfortunately KAP140 as still the only available autopilot for this configuration, unlike C172 which can use GFC500.

Last Edited by Emir at 02 Oct 20:59
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

What is “first” about this configuration?

Of course everything will be “approved” otherwise it would not be installed

It can’t be the first DA40 which can do “EGNOS, PBN & LPV” because any plane with a GNS430W can do that.

On “3D audio”; here is an old thread, mentioning a few installations and generally happy users.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

And unfortunately KAP140 as still the only available autopilot for this configuration, unlike C172 which can use GFC500.

I didn’t know that. Explains why.

Peter wrote:

What is “first” about this configuration?

The GTN650XI isn’t that old. Jan 2020 I believe, along with the latest versions of the ASPEN EVO 2000 MAX Pro.

EGSG, United Kingdom

@pilotrobbie what shop did the installation and how much?

Administrator

Very nice avionics indeed!
Is the GFC500 not available (G1000 DA40 has the GFC700)?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Is the GFC500 not available (G1000 DA40 has the GFC700)?

It’s not and it will never be because neither Diamond nor Garmin wants to make it happen.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Given all the talk of bad avionics installers all over Europe, the lack of input on who installed this – presumably functioning – kit is “interesting”!

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Given all the talk of bad avionics installers all over Europe, the lack of input on who installed this – presumably functioning – kit is “interesting”!

I have had no issues with this bit of kit here. Was done in Belgium. Pricey though!

EGSG, United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message