Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Portoroz LJPZ (Piran) Meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015

tomjnx wrote:

IMO that was not jamming, but the US turning the satellites off overhead the bosnian no-fly zone

That can’t be possible. GPS navigation does not depend on satellites being “overhead”. On the contrary, only depending on satellites that happened to be overhead would give you a very high DOP.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

This is about all the GA parking available. Normally it’s not an issue but in this case some used LGSK to clear Customs after the Tatoi air show

What you see is the temporary limit between new Skiathos apron extension with the old one.
Once the new extension is commissioned there should be almost no issue with GA parking space.
If only they had AVGAS it would be a GA heaven for Greece !

Yes 4~5 aircraft from AthensFlyingWeek of LGTT used Skiathos for exit to Turkey.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Peter wrote:

If one can land there for 83 euros that would transform the “Greece entry/exit” options.

That (or even less I think) is the cost for remaining AIRSIDE only in LGAV for refuel or any other activity and then go.
If passengers or crew come in from / or leave out to LANDSIDE the charge goes up the main one being the “use” of the luxurious GA facility through via which you have to pass without option.
At least its a full featured facility with Internet PCs, canteen, luxurious leather sofa’s, passport and security personnel on site, the whole lot. You may even stump upon VVIP’s waiting to board their private jet or helicopter and share the same couch

Last Edited by petakas at 15 Sep 11:30
LGMG Megara, Greece

Regarding GPS, I have flown since early 90’s dozens of times over Athens Greece area and never faced a GPS outage (GNS530 and portable 296 on board since 2004).

Last Edited by petakas at 15 Sep 11:34
LGMG Megara, Greece

Peter wrote:

Today we did Milos LGML to Skiathos LGSK

Peter while in Skiathos do not miss:
- day boat trip to Lalaria beach inaccessible by road
- the visit to Amareto cafe which is literally on threshold rwy 02 and you enjoy the airliners flying 100ft. above you at the St. Maarten of Europe.
well … the list goes on but just remembered that with @atmilatos being there you have all the info. you need.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

petakas wrote:

That (or even less I think) is the cost for remaining AIRSIDE only in LGAV for refuel or any other activity and then go.
If passengers or crew come in from / or leave out to LANDSIDE the charge goes up the main one being the “use” of the luxurious GA facility through via which you have to pass without option.
At least its a full featured facility with Internet PCs, canteen, luxurious leather sofa’s, passport and security personnel on site, the whole lot. You may even stump upon VVIP’s waiting to board their private jet or helicopter and share the same couch

Strange, because I parked there 2 nights, stayed in the City and went to LGTT by train. :-)

Today I fuelled already in Zakynthos, so I had not to do that tomorrow.
Tomorrow we will depart early for a fuel stop and customs in Samos. After that we will flight to Istanbul. Hopefully arriving there around noon.

Last Edited by Vieke at 15 Sep 21:17
Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Vieke wrote:

Today I fuelled already in Zakynthos

@Vieke Zakynthos LGZA, what fuel ?

Last Edited by petakas at 16 Sep 05:54
LGMG Megara, Greece

Good to see that they’re now used to GA traffic. When I was there a couple of years ago, they were very surprised to see a GA plane turning up. The apron agent tried for half an hour to find out what the landing charge would be, but failed, so he decided it was free

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message