Portoroz LJPZ (Piran) Meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015

I am off to Corsica shortly

LGSK-LGKR

LGKR-LFKB

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

wasted by idiotic management at LKPR.

agree, nobody flies to LKPR because this is the most busy airport in the Europe (maybe also this part of the world). At least this is what LKPR management says and that´s why they ask fro slots. If you do not want LKLT (BTW, one of grass runways is now at superb condition, one of the best grass I´ve been to recently), try LKPM southwest of Prague. But requires car to get to Prague city. Other option is LKMH notheast. the same story there- paved runway but not that close to the Prague city

LKKU, LKTB

Michal wrote:

nobody flies to LKPR because this is the most busy airport in the Europe (maybe also this part of the world). At least this is what LKPR management says and that´s why they ask fro slots.

Yeah that’s what people on airports tend to think because they don’t travel around. This summer I didn’t get slot at Split LDSP – they were trying to convince me that schedule was completely full and that I couldn’t squeeze in while in reality they had some 70 landings so maximum 140 operations. And thier maximum for this summer (Aug 2nd) was 120 landings.

Last Edited by Emir at 17 Sep 09:50
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

70 landings

70 landings is a lot…you mean per hour? ;-)

Last Edited by Michal at 17 Sep 10:24
LKKU, LKTB

The Greeks are quick. I moved the flight plan back to 1310z.

https://www.autorouter.eu/track/3829Reme

Administrator

Michal wrote:

70 landings is a lot…you mean per hour? ;-)

per day of course but from thier perspective it’s a lot, having 10 landings a day in winter time.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

So Croatia also starts going the Anti GA way? What a pity.

100 Euros at Zagreb? Why? To discourage GA? Again why? They are not that busy that they can’t accomodate the odd GA Plane.

And Split can’t handle 70 landings per day? Just because the beancounters say it can’t or because there is a honest lack of skill?

It is a disease which seems to be contageous from airport to airport. And it has NOTHING to do with capacity, it has to do with attitude.

I was once told by one of that species that he would advocate one landing fee only for ALL airplane types, as each is the same work for ATC and their people who do bills and stats. When I asked how much it should be he answered 12’000 Euros. That is what he claims is the cost each airplane has to pay in order to finance the whole airport overhead and structure. Thankfully that moron never will decide stuff like that and even if he would be stopped by the CAA but that is their attitude.

They do not calculate that with each movement they loose they still loose money. It’s about principle. And plan economy (to maximize airport movements well below capacity). At one airport large enough to take about 10 747’s I once heard “we are busy today, sorry it took 2 hours to make your bill but we have a lot of movements today”. Well, they had TWO. 737’s. One in the morning the other in the afternoon. And were stressed out?

Sorry. People like that need to take a hike. Or need to be trained up, like with 1 year duty at La Guardia or JFK.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I agree. We are “losing” too many airports, and too quickly. Sadly, it’s a fight we can’t seem to have a chance to win.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 17 Sep 17:06
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I made it to Bastia LFKB. Will post some pics later once I am done with booking.com

If anyone wants to learn sign language, come to Corsica

There is an AIR BP card self service pump here but that seems about the only way to get fuel. The messages on the pump are all French (although bizzarely a few initially appeared in English since it recognised my account as UK based) but luckily I found someone who knew how to work it. After years of the card being virtually useless it is becoming essential.

It is incredibly hot and sticky here – a +++TSRA is around the corner, I am sure…

Administrator

Unless we somehow all could band together worldwide and let AOPA or someone like that run all airports. Will obviously never happen, but the idea is tantalizing.

Sign in to add your message