Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Quick weekend stint to Quiberon LFEQ

Sebastian_H wrote:

172driver wrote: Hope you got some oysters too.

But of course! I could even have picked some up myself on the beach (as were a lot of people at ebb tide); first time I saw natural oyster beds:

Excellent! I was worried for a moment that you might have missed out

OK, that‘s not too bad, and likely covers a substantial part of your flying from NL.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Can you give an overview of the European countries where you can and can‘t go to without any formalities?

That’s a tall order! I looked into the countries I was planning or flying to until now:

In general, I started for each of the countries from the UK’s LAA TL 2.08 and tried to find updated information where possible.

EHRD / Rotterdam

The main French / PH-reg thread is here and there is a recent update there.

The general “homebuilt privileges” thread is here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

Rotterdam to Quiberon by car is a 950km drive. Many cars would burn more than 80 liters on this trip !

I know … In 2018 I did a road trip to visit the Falaises d’Etretat, Mont St. Michel, granite coast, and Brest. With light traffic on the highway, Brest-Paris on the return was already six hours – having the nimble RV7 now available really makes these trips for a weekend an option!

EHRD / Rotterdam

Can you give an overview of the European countries where you can and can‘t go to without any formalities?

boscomantico wrote:

How does this flight work permit-wise? Does France give blanket permission to PH-reg homebuilts?

Thankfully yes: The French government has issued information on foreign aircraft and regarding amateur-built aircraft, the Arrêté du 8 janvier 2018 relatif au survol du territoire français par certains aéronefs étrangers de construction amateur allows overflight of amateur-built EU-registered planes:

Under article D. 133-20 of the “code de l’aviation civile” (French Civil Aviation Regulations), amateur built aircraft falling in category (c) of Annex II to Regulation n°216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 February 2008, excluding airships, with an airworthiness document and registered in an European Economic Area member State or in Switzerland are permitted to temporarily fly in France without prior permission from the French DGAC, subject to having achieved: for aeroplanes, a minimum of 15 flight hours and at least 50 landings from its completion […]

(Quoted from the courtesy translation ) local copy

172driver wrote:

Hope you got some oysters too.

But of course! I could even have picked some up myself on the beach (as were a lot of people at ebb tide); first time I saw natural oyster beds:

Last Edited by Sebastian_H at 19 Oct 07:36
EHRD / Rotterdam

Great little trip ! Glad you liked Quiberon. You know La Belle Illoise, you have great taste too :)

Airspace is really easy in NW France, and TMAs are really transparent.

Rotterdam to Quiberon by car is a 950km drive. Many cars would burn more than 80 liters on this trip !

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 19 Oct 07:38
LFOU, France

Thanks. Great efficiency!

How does this flight work permit-wise? Does France give blanket permission to PH-reg homebuilts?

Nice! Against the fileds, your wiongs look semi translucent, pretty cool! Hope you got some oysters too.

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message