Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

URGENT! Looking for Language Proficiency Examiner, today (2nd April)

My CAA issued licence records a level 6 (as it should)

UK, United Kingdom

When was that issued? Mine (issued 2010) only says ‘English’

Thanks guys for the help and remarks.

First I will contact my IMCr examiner for a solution. If he can’t assess me for a 6, I will look into language schools.

For now, it seems I’m grounded. And that is pretty awful with this kind of weather! I was planning a trip to EHTX tomorrow with some acquaintances. I had to disappoint them. It is hard to explain to non-aviation people, why I am not allowed to fly. But I will not risk to fly and get caught. Even though I think the local aviation authority (Police) won’t find any irregularities with my licences (unless they call with the UK CAA).

I’ll update you on any progress.

jkv
EHEH

When was that issued? Mine (issued 2010) only says ‘English’

Mine was issued in June 2010. You might have the same problem. I attach a snippet of my license to compare:

Edit: wrong link to picture

Last Edited by jkv at 02 Apr 19:58
jkv
EHEH

It should not be impossible to obtain a level 6 for a non-native English speaker.

I took the test a couple of years ago at ATC-Comm in Holland. They cooperate with the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology and use the Relta test. Relta is an acronym that stands for RMIT English Language Test for Aviation. My conversation during the test was recorded and send to Australia for assessment. I am Dutch and got a level 6 at first attempt without ever having lived abroad for an extended time.

If you give them a call they might be able to help you sort out the mess. Or should I say ameliorate the situation in level 6 speak…

Link

Last Edited by it_flies at 02 Apr 19:59
EHLE

Fortunately a more competent lady helped me this time and gave the right answers to my questions.

The level of professionalism and knowledge of regulations seems to vary quite a lot across the PLD staff indeed.

It should not be impossible to obtain a level 6 for a non-native English speaker.

Indeed. I’m a Dutch native, learned English in highschool and used it a lot at the university and in my professional career. I did my language exam at air-comms in Assen, and got an LPE 6 with no problem whatsoever.

Last Edited by BackPacker at 02 Apr 20:28

I asked the lady of the PLD staff whether they accept foreign LPE examinations. She told me that that the RT license is a national license and therefore no foreign LPE level would be accepted by the UK CAA. Does anyone have experience with this?

I was puzzled! EASA was founded to make it possible to obtain licences at different member states.

I’m pro-Europe, but I really don’t understand what the advantage of EASA is nowadays (maybe I’m to impatient?). In my opinion the situation worsened because of EASA.

jkv
EHEH

Issued about 2 weeks ago.

UK, United Kingdom

I’m no expert on these matters but it might be worth it to recheck this with the CAA. To call a language test validated by a university in Melbourne unacceptable because hasn’t been done in the UK is in my view taking silliness to the extreme.

What can possibly be gained from retaking the test every five years? Are you supposed to practice untill you can fake received pronunciation convincingly?

EHLE

@JKV

go to ATC-Com and get your LPE6..
go back to the UK and have your license reissued…

or else

transfer your License to NL..

The whole discussion is ludicrous.. There is absolutely no truth in that LPE6 can only mean native speaker.

With LPE apparently the memberstates can decide a lot themselves.

Still an ICAO recognized LPE should be accepted.

Sign in to add your message