Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The EIR - beginning to end

Peter wrote:

You should appeal those. They should not be there. I know of several people in the UK who got a marginal fail and they appealed this, and got enough points credited to turn a fail into a pass.

I passed all exams at first, so didn’t feel need to appeal (although it would probably have been for greater good). I also have first hand report of people who appealed after and fail which then got changed to a pass.

@Bobo it looks like you’re a victim of the EASA rulemaking task RMT.0595

EASA is working hard to renew the exam questions database, and protect it’s intellectual property and confidentiality.

When I did the exams in 2012 one could pass the exams with a high pass mark by just learning the question database. Even the attachments (maps/performance charts/etc) where the same as what you got at the actual exams.

I also have first hand report of people who appealed after and fail which then got changed to a pass.

That was me

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

pmh wrote:

That was me

I didn’t want to mention any name :)

Peter wrote:

France I don’t know about; I don’t think I know anybody who did exams there.

I did my CBIR TK in France right after it came out, there were no rubbish questions. I even thought that I got the easier ones as compared to what I had studied for with Aviation Exam, but that may also just have been luck.

It may have changed in the meantime with the new questions being added.

Got it in writing now: HP and IFR comm passed (without any margin for error tho… but who cares?!). Five down, two to go!

EHTE, Netherlands

Just passed the Airlaw theory test this month, and I only need Flight Planning to complete my theory certificates, and thats due for february. Have not been flying much due to some technical matters (starter went U/S) that are finally resolved now! Picked it up again last week.

EHTE, Netherlands

Congrats. I think flight planning is one of the very easy ones. On the one administred by the CAA, they only gave the performance charts of single and multi engine piston, nothing related to turboprops or jets.. So I presume they wouldn’t ask any questions about that. At the time, AE still had questions about jet consumption etc.

EIR courses/training in Europe?

I am aiming to start my EIR courses this upcoming summer. Not really sure if I’d like to do full IR or EIR+CBIR route, but the latter sounds like a more sensible route to me. Both moneywise and to suit my needs (XC flights mostly between uncontrolled airports).

However, there is only ONE flight school to offer EIR in Finland and I’d like to fly that with glass cockpit (been doing my flying with DA40/G1000 mostly). They do not offer that option.

So I am looking for european flight schools that offer EIR (and CBIR later on). Any suggestions and experiences? I know there are more people at our flying club who would like to start EIR, so I’d gladly share price information more widely here locally. I can ask that price from the schools or if you have any recent pricing info, that would be also appreciated.

Pekka

Flying Finn living in Switzerland.
LSZL LOcarno, Switzerland

You should try Sweden. I know that Airways Flygutbildning have this type of training: http://www.airwaysflygutbildning.se/?page_id=47

The website seems to be only in Swedish but I guess you will find their number there so you can call them. They have a good reputation.

ESSZ, Sweden
Sign in to add your message