Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The EIR - beginning to end

I think that holds true. I’ve also got a simulator app on my iPhone, that I use to practise holdings. I’ll ad a FS on my computer to do some practise runs, thanks!

EHTE, Netherlands

RANT XL is also a good PC based Instrument Trainer. I used this during my IMC and IR training

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Well, I’ve got the first five hours of flighttraining under my belt and I absolutely love it, at the moment I’ve decided to follow the CB-IR route instead of the E-IR. Yesterday I’ve practised my first approaches at EDDG and experienced some actual flight under IMC. I’ve passed Radio Nav and am currently underway with HP and Communications, exams are planned by the end of this month. I’ll keep you posted.

EHTE, Netherlands

Bobo wrote:

I’ll keep you posted.

Thank you, Bobo, much appreciated!

EDLE

I keep a blog (in Dutch only) for the Dutch readers out there: blog

EHTE, Netherlands

Sunday I flew three IFR flights with a good friend of mine (FO KLM B777) Teuge-Münster-Düsseldorf-Teuge. IFR flying using the AP and accepting vectors makes a world of difference! A nice highlight was a visual on 05R at Düsseldorf where ATC squeezed us in right in front of an Emirates A380, quite a sight when exiting the runway and seeing that thing on short final. Sure explains the ‘keep the speed up’ instructions. Münster-Osnabrück is an excellent airfield by the way, well equiped, friendly staff, comfy lounge and for peanuts. I’ll be visiting more often for practise.

Weather permitting, my next lesson will be tomorrow.

EHTE, Netherlands

Great report

IFR flying using the AP and accepting vectors makes a world of difference!

Gosh; they are teaching you to fly for real? What next? The world is going to end…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Did another two hours of flying IFR yesterday and again I loved it. Still grinning. Four approaches one at Munster and three at Dortmund, was foaming at the mouth when ATC finaly spat me out over Stadtlohn. We flew quite some time in actual IMC. The flying and the talking is all done by me. My instructor still helps out with the set-up of com/nav equipment. How does one combine hand flying in bumpy weather under IMC and altering powersettings, or setting up an approach?! Spending a lot but learning a lot!

EHTE, Netherlands

Bobo wrote:

How does one combine hand flying in bumpy weather under IMC and altering powersettings, or setting up an approach?!

The answer to that, at least according to my training, is: You don’t. You use the autopilot for these phases of flight when flying single pilot.

Bobo wrote:

How does one combine hand flying in bumpy weather under IMC and altering powersettings, or setting up an approach?!

One hand on the yoke and one hand for everything else. Perfectly doable if you have a well organised cockpit, but using an autopilot is preferable, of course.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message