Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bahamarama - Trip report

Super report Patrick – many thanks

Quite a lot of European pilots have been over there and did a bit of flying but very few wite about it afterwards.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

TobiBS wrote:

If you where looking for night currency under FAA rules, you needed 3 takeoffs and landings and all of them must be to a complete stop.

Interesting one.

When I the US, I fly on my EASA PPL and the Part 61.75 FAA piggyback license that states “all limitations of the foreign license apply”. Now, if I regained night currency on my foreign license, I would assume I’d be legal to fly at night in the US.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Patrick wrote:

When I the US, I fly on my EASA PPL and the Part 61.75 FAA piggyback license that states “all limitations of the foreign license apply”. Now, if I regained night currency on my foreign license, I would assume I’d be legal to fly at night in the US.

As far as I understand from previous discussion about 61.75 licenses, you are already legal to fly at night in the US. “limitations” means limitations stated on the license itself, not limitations due to regulations of the state that issued the original license.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

What are the current EASA requirements for night VFR ?

172driver wrote:

What are the current EASA requirements for night VFR ?

You need a night rating. 5 hours flight training, including cross-country, and some ground school training.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 24 Jul 16:33
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

And only one landing in the last 90 days for taking passengers.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

And only one landing in the last 90 days for taking passengers.

Is that any landing or at night? Just curious, it’s been many, many years since I last flew night-VFR in Europe (I have the EASA – JAR_FCL at the time – night rating).

As has been said earlier, in FAA-land it’s three landings to a full stop at night, defined as more than one hour after sunset / before sunrise.

I meant « at night », sorry.

IIRC, to take passengers at night, you need minimum 3 landings in the last 90 days, one of which (at least) must be at night (sun being more than 3 degrees below horizon, approx 30 minutes after sunset / before sunrise)

LFOU, France

If you hold an IR, the “at least one must be at night” part is waived from the recency requirement. 3 takeoffs, approaches and landings in the same type or class in the last 90 days is enough. FCL.060 (b) refers.

ELLX

Only for an EASA IR. Not for an FAA IR

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message