Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bahamarama - Trip report

@Jujupilote:

must be at night (sun being more than 3 degrees below horizon, approx 30 minutes after sunset / before sunrise)

It is civil twilight and that is 6 degrees below horizon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

JasonC wrote:

couldn’t care less about easa currency.

Which is why, even if current according EASA, one still needs the FAA flight review every 24 months, correct?

„Currency“ of the license on the other hand applies to the EASA license )on which the FAA foreign based license is based) and medical being valid?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Yes the FAA couldn’t care less about easa currency. If you are flying there your FAA currency is what matters. Night currency is not a limitation on the face of your licence.

EGTK Oxford

Only for an EASA IR. Not for an FAA IR

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you hold an IR, the “at least one must be at night” part is waived from the recency requirement. 3 takeoffs, approaches and landings in the same type or class in the last 90 days is enough. FCL.060 (b) refers.

ELLX

I meant « at night », sorry.

IIRC, to take passengers at night, you need minimum 3 landings in the last 90 days, one of which (at least) must be at night (sun being more than 3 degrees below horizon, approx 30 minutes after sunset / before sunrise)

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

And only one landing in the last 90 days for taking passengers.

Is that any landing or at night? Just curious, it’s been many, many years since I last flew night-VFR in Europe (I have the EASA – JAR_FCL at the time – night rating).

As has been said earlier, in FAA-land it’s three landings to a full stop at night, defined as more than one hour after sunset / before sunrise.

And only one landing in the last 90 days for taking passengers.

LFOU, France

172driver wrote:

What are the current EASA requirements for night VFR ?

You need a night rating. 5 hours flight training, including cross-country, and some ground school training.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 24 Jul 16:33
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

What are the current EASA requirements for night VFR ?

23 Posts
Sign in to add your message