Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip from south west of France to Helsinki and return via Stockholm and Copenhagen

Pärnu will be closed from May 2020 to may 2021, runway reconstruction.
Regarding landing PA-28 in vantaa- indeed, my friend did, getting the slot was suprisingly easy, but quite expensive- 80 EUR landing fee+ 300 for Business aviation services (hard to say which ones, he only dropped his girlfriend into a transfer car and took off again)..

EETU, Estonia

thanks for the info that there is no fuel at Kyviskes,it was there that i planned to land…Is the info sure.
Concerning Darius & girenas,it was a plan B,but now i saw a comment on SD that said "no fuel anymore,no security plane overnight ,prices going up dramatically "
I mailed them a message and wait the answer,otherwise it seems a good plan,but i will need petrol.

LFDU, Belgium

A few suggestions:
- EYPA Palanga – on the west coast of Lithuania just north of Kaliningrad. Large airport, but young and friendly staff. Palanga is a resort town with lots of restaurants, a very nice, kilometer long, beach, good beach bar. Very much a family place for locals and Russians. @Boscomantico wrote a writeup a couple years ago about a trip there from northern Germany in a Cirrus.
- EEKE Kuressaare – a lovely little airport for GA, with very only the odd commercial flight and relatively laid back for small aircraft. Kuressaare is also a tourist town, but very picturesque and some very nice restaurants.
- EEKA Kardia – a quiet airport perfect for GA. The island is sparsely populated without any “night life”. More for someone looking for peace and quiet. Nice restaurant on a grassy run down to the water with swimming possible. A good spot to stop for lunch.
- EFMA Mariehamn – you probably already plan to stop here if your route from Finland to Sweden is via Turku. Avgas is available via credit card. Very pretty coastline. Flew over from Sweden for fuel and lunch on the way up the Swedish coast. Looked like a nice area to stay overnight, but no info on possible accomodation.

LSZK, Switzerland

Avoid to buy 100LL in Finland if you can. It is usually way above 3 euros/litre.

ESSZ, Sweden

Also good to know.Thanks

LFDU, Belgium

Fly310 wrote:

Avoid to buy 100LL in Finland if you can. It is usually way above 3 euros/litre.

a bit better in Malmi – https://www.kanair.fi/category/10/polttoaineet

EETU, Estonia

To Ivark
I tried to find the flying club in Tallin,but without succes. Do you have some infos ? Thanks
I found one ,but in another airport on south of Tallin
If somebody needs,i received the complete tarifs for Tallin

LFDU, Belgium

pmh wrote:

German airfields with Warter fuel

Where do you find those fields? How do one pay? According to their website, they only seem to have three stations in Poland?

ESOW, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

Confirm. Avgas in EFMA Mariehamn was €3,30 at last visit (2014).

But the route across the Aland islands to Sweden is beautiful.

Last Edited by chflyer at 22 Apr 12:21
LSZK, Switzerland

AndersB wrote:

Where do you find those fields? How do one pay?

You can find these airfields here: https://www.airshampoo.de/mod/icao/icao.php?prices=1&country=Germany&sort=100ll
The fuel stations with lower prices get the fuel from Warter in Poland. Currently the cheapest price is in Borkenberge EDLB.
One can pay cash or by credit card.

Berlin, Germany
Sign in to add your message