Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip to Sweden

https://www.aeroseum.se/ at Gothenburg Säve is a nice and interesting place.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

AndersB wrote:

Maybe Säve ESGP for Gothenburg? Locals have to chime in.

Yup… Säve is a 15-20 minute taxi ride (or maybe hitch a ride with a club member) away from the city, there’s a hotel (Nolvik) and restaurant (which currently is serving only lunch due to the COVID). I don’t know about the fuel prices but the landing fees are negotiable and there is the museum pmh mentioned (a cold war bunker/hangar) on the airport. The western archipelago is really nice to see from the sky, makes me want a seaplane.

Last Edited by Cttime at 08 May 19:36
Sweden

I payed 262 SEK at Säve few weeks ago in a C172. Make sure to get PPR from their site or you will have to pay additional administration fees. Otherwise the published pricelist is very accurate.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

I payed 262 SEK at Säve few weeks ago in a C172. Make sure to get PPR from their site or you will have to pay additional administration fees. Otherwise the published pricelist is very accurate.

Also be warned that although Säve is open every day 0800-2200 LT, you can only enter or exit the apron between 0900-1800 LT unless you have made special arrangements with the airport or with a local operator such as an aeroclub.

This is not stated either in the AIP, on the airport website or in the Swedish VFR airfield manual (Svenska Flygfält). The AIP does mention that “airport administration” hours are 0900-1800 LT and the airport website mentions that there is “Staff on site” the same hours. It isn’t obvious this implies that you can’t get in or (especially) out other times.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 09 May 09:08
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

You get a password for the door when you get the PPR.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

You get a password for the door when you get the PPR.

Aha! That wasn’t the case when I last visited Säve. Admittedly that was in the summer of 2018. Good that they have changed the procedure.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Kumlinge EFKG is superb. It is a small island, when you go there, you can feel that no evil has ever been there. So serene. The truth is that there is a memorial about Kumlinge battles etc, but those were long ago :)

They have rental bikes at the airfield, they are on poor condition, but work ok in the small island. Bring your own folding bike if you have one.

The restaurant Kastören is operational, but they open in June anyways. They do have public grilling places nearby, which you can use. You could contact the restaurant before to arrange firewood, taxi etc services even if they are not open. There are also cabins for rent.

Kumlinge has also one of the last aerial lighthouses that were used in night navigation in the early days of aviation in Nordics. Its part of the larger chain, but only three survived if I recall correctly. Be sure to visit the small church also in the island, very beautiful old stone church.

The approach to EFKG is beautiful, with its red runway. I know DA 42 has visited there, but the runway is only 600m long. Be sure to check your ground roll requirements.

More info: https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Kumlinge

Pekka

Flying Finn living in Switzerland.
LSZL LOcarno, Switzerland
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message