Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Barcelona Area - Sabadell (El Prat LEBL, or Sabadell LELL) or Girona LEGE

If you want to please the miss, that deserves good handling. Consider it an investment ;)

LFOU, France

Completely agree with that last comment.

EGTF, LFTF

The problem is that experience has shown that even if one contracted “full handling” (100€-ish) at the busier AENA airports, it was often a dreadful experience nevertheless. One of the main problems is refuelling. These agents don’t usually have their own feul trucks, so they rely on the company serving also the airlines. Often, these handling agents are unable to get the fuel truck to come, sometimes for 1-2 hours, whilst you wait in the heat. They also tend to take a long time to produce invoices and so on.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

As a good Scot, my wife/FO would box me about the ears if I paid more for handling than strictly necessary. We once had a 1hr delay waiting for Iberia at San Sebastian which was not entirely comfortable in the noon-day sun. That was related to a scheduled flight plus fuel truck delay as said above. However the Iberia man was very pleasant and helpful and was at pains to point out the fee was only a few euros.

We’ve never had any delays at Pamplona which is not exactly busy . As you prob know, it’s a handy day/lunch trip from Pau and you don’t need handling for a light single with no pax. Let us know how you get on in Girona!

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

I just consulted the Oracle whose memory is better than mine. When we used Sabadell a few years ago the car hire was a taxi ride to the only game in town and vice-versa on the return. So it’s do-able, but Girona will be easier.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

Hey there

Won’t need any refueling so this problem is checked.

I got quotes from General Aviation Services, United Aviation, Execujet, Skyvalet, and Centervol.

Centervol is the cheapest (75 €) but excluded from the final choice because their mails are very synthetic, no informations given, and their base seems to be outside the terminal, so less convenient for car rental.

The prices listed for the others are the following :
GAS UAS Execujet Skyvalet
Handling 120 150 160 221
Taxes and fees 77 62 59 43

I tried to negotiate with GAS, UAS, and Execujet, but so far no luck…

Will decide tomorrow, probably going to the cheapest.

At this time, aircraft is still in maintenance shop, 200 kms away (should have been released today, but the flight test revealed a problem on a hose. If the rechange part is delivered tomorrow morning, it should be a go !) Let’s keep our fingers crossed !

LFBZ, France

Crazy, so many different handling agents for so little work… no wonder the prices are so high…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

1hr is the exception.

Just phone them before departing with the ETA and you are good to go.

Enjoy!

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

There is a point in the middle where you get a disconnect between handling prices and handling quality, you do think about the 100€ price twice when you have to wait for them for 1h under 47C deg in Spanish summer with no shades and low wing aircraft, here I am talking about them sending someone to pick you up as you land not extra things getting like fuel, taxi, vip lounge, arrange customs or loan a pen…

My revenge is to ask them to go back to the aircraft few times to pick random stuff (my earplugs, close window door, check that door is locked) until the message is gone through, also we now call them as we approach/land or head the airport to tell them to wait for us in park/terminal, lie about your ETA if you have to

Sometimes it is not their fault, ATC fails to check box 18 in FPL and call them or your folder is lost under the table, so better call them yourself…sometimes you just get the lazy person on duty to give you a hard time where the other guy next day is brilliant

Last Edited by Ibra at 16 Jul 17:26
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

jeff64 wrote:

Handling 120 150 160 221

These prices are just crazy, especially because handling you get is just shuttle ride from apron to terminal.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message