Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB20 flight - Athens to Munich (Straubing) and back

Oh, too bad … Saturday/Sunday …, I’m in Tokyo :-)
Next time!

Flyer59 wrote:

How long are you there? Are you there already?

Now in Mykonos, Thursday in Athens, Saturday or Sunday (depending on weather in Straubing) and Sunday night back to Athens by airline from Munich.
If Sunday weather is OK we will arrive Straubing late Sunday am and have few hours spare till we go to Munich airport to catch the airline evening flight.
If Sunday weather is bad we will arrive Straubing Saturday pm and spend the night and Sunday day in Munich until the evening flight back to Athens

Last Edited by petakas at 28 Jul 16:27
LGMG Megara, Greece

How long are you there? Are you there already?

I urge you to pop down a day they will be working on it ! that will be their worse nightmare in supervision.
After all it was your write up on the very job about to take place there I referred to them when booking the job and only because of you they specified separate entry for “Antennenkabel RG400” in the offer :-)

Kidding aside keep in mind the shop is open only weekdays so you won’t see much (kidding again) apart from two Greek misfits in lower Bavaria plains flying home in few hours. Have to run back home before cash runs out LOL!

LGMG Megara, Greece

I am tempted to pop down Sunday (and fly back on Monday).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m going to do this same flight (Athens to Straubing) the coming weekend with the TB20, weather permitting.

Intention is to land at Straubing EDMS Sunday 2/8 ~1100L and we have a booked airline flight leaving Munich at 1900L Sunday.

The Sunday airline flight cannot change. The weather near the Alps surely CAN and it looks like it may make me do the flight to Straubing on Saturday 1/8 in a single day from Athens.

So any of the usual lurkers herein :-) may be seeing me (and copilot friend) if you fancy a beer in Munich (city) on Saturday where we may have to stay overnight if weather in worse on Sunday or Sunday ~1200L at EDMS if Sunday weather is better and we do the Kerkyra LGKR – EDMS flight on Sunday early morning.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Nice report and experience PETAKAS ! N'asai kala kai na xanapas... Be well and keep going...

LGGG

Straubing EDMS shows as "Customs PPR", Zadar has Customs, Kerkira has Customs.

So provided you complied with whatever PPR period was required at EDMS, this flight was perfectly correct.

Schengen is irrelevant if both ends of a flight have Customs.

I suppose that Schengen (or lack of) might influence the way the police treat the inspection requirements, however.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

(Zadar = EU), they could put a checkmark in their book.

First of all it was me who called for them so maybe they did not investigate if it was needed or not and jut went ahead with the checks they anyway do. The extra searching maybe it was a random thing maybe just doing their job without shortcuts. I don't know German but they were not policemen. The badges looked like border police, I guess it was these guys because I remember the green badge. Also don't forget (according to what I find on the Internet) Croatia joined EU this July but is not yet listed as a Schengen treaty member. So maybe THEY did not know yet about details. For example I took it for granted that Crotia is off EU on my planning stage. Only later I found about their recent membership that it had taken place 1.5 month before the flight by looking in to the Internet out of curiosity since In Zadar I was not asked for passport or anything. Maybe also I was not asked because it was a half hour transit during which I never left airside to officially enter Croatia.

LGMG Megara, Greece

I just realized I forgot to copy one portion of the write up in this initial post. It sits between end of Athens to Munich paragrapgh and Kerkira Straubing Flight

Mod's if you can add it where it should be since I am not allowed to edit the post at this time.

[done - hopefully in the right place]

LGMG Megara, Greece
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message