Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly in to Spain - La Cerdanya LECD 29 Sep 2023

Another mailshot going out, so if you don’t get it, check your profile preferences

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If someone needs some motivation to make kids want to come along 😎, the airfield hosts actually some sort of activity center

https://experienceforkids.com/es/

And there is a rack railway not far away (and in operation, cremallera de Nuria) that seems to go to some scenic place.

Germany

I might do refuelling stop at Perpignan LFMP instead of LFMU. I could do LDVA to LECD direct but there’s no fuel at LECD. So the idea is to refuel as close as possible to LECD and then fly back home directly. In case of any stronger headwind than forecasted, I can always land at LJPZ or LDLO before continuing to LDVA. Fees at LFMP and LFMU should be very similar and the fuel at LFMP should be a bit cheaper. Besides that, I’ve never landed to LFMP, so that’s additional bonus

I registered myself at MyDz and it seems very easy and straight-forward. Any known downsides about landing at LFMP?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Is this Mydz thing needed for Beziers as well?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LFMP VAC is very complete.
The airport seem to have put a gate with a code to get back in. Very easy.

The only thing I don’t understand how to get JET A1. @bogivara recently typed a pirep, he must know the process.

LFOU, France

Hi. I Have never had the chance to attend one of the EuroGA flyins, but it looks like my wife and I might be able to get there. Very excited by the prospect.

So, couple of questions if I may.

1. Is it OK for us to barge in at the last minute?
  2. Main reason for wanting to come is to finally meet all you wonderful people, so is there a dinner or something where this will happen?
  3. # We can probably find a hote, but will there be space to park the plane overnight saturday to sunday?

Bukcerfan – Paul Beckwith

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

The only thing I don’t understand how to get JET A1.

I sent the question to airport via MyDz regarding fuel and I’m waiting for reply. AIP says Jet A1 is available via fuelling trucks which is usual on larger airports.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hi Buckerfan,

1. Yes, absolutely! An email went out just yesterday to remind people just in case anyone else would like to come along. So yes! Last minute is perfectly fine! Encouraged even!
2. Aart is organising it, but yes, it’s intended to have a group dinner. I don’t know where it will be (Not sure if Aart knows yet or not) but the best thing to do is to join the Telegram App group.
The link is here
Telegram Group

That’s where the fine details are discussed and how dinner will be notified and co-ordinated.

3. From conversations I’ve read in the Telegram group, parking space doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Hi Paul, thanks for joining the TG.

As to others wishing to come last minute, please do read Dublinpilot’s guide above. Including the info that on Friday 29th tye RWY is closed from 12:00-14:00 LT.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

To make it easier for people to find, here are the links

LECD La Cerdanya Fly in Guide

The AIP entry for the airfield is only officially available in Spanish. I’ve created an English translation here. It’s unofficial, but has been reviewed by the airfield OPS and they are happy with the translation.
LECD AIP UNOFFICIAL English Translation

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 25 Sep 10:57
EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message