Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Congrats! I’ll see what I can do with my Friday arrival. Otherwise, I’m at LDLO Saturday morning.

Last Edited by Emir at 22 May 13:46
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

WarleyAir has just landed at LDLO.

Excellent! Where did he finally end up doing his fuel stops?

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

I am also already at Losinj, landed at 14:30 LT and met WarleyAir at the airport still doing some work in the cockpit. Excellent job and good timing!

My wife and I will definitely join others at dolphin fountain in the main square, say 6pm local time, Friday.

I was flying today from Sofia via Serbia and Bosnia to LDLO. Due to some clouds buildups in the afternoon I had to climb to FL150 and was faced with a strong headwind and for moments I had almost 40KT of headwind. After passing Serbia-Bosnia border I asked for a DCT LOS and got it what saved about 10 minutes or even more more. The headwind was stronger than forecast.
After the radar service of Zadar radar (LDZD) was terminated I contacted the Radio Losinj but with no response. There was no ATC staff present so I did blind transmission on Losinj frequency. The immigration is working, also the airfield guys are there. So you should not be surprised if nobody answers to your calls.

Looking forward to meet you guys tomorrow and during the weekend.

Last Edited by Joc at 22 May 18:07
Joc
LJDI

Your little get-together has been photographed by the Big Brother Google already:
2014 EuroGA fly-in at LDLO
I wish I was there with You

Last Edited by ANTEK at 22 May 20:30
YSCB, Australia

LOL !!! Have a good time guys!

Started IFR (copilot needed the hours) but run in to 67kts headwind and did not make it to lowi (3 pob so no full tanks) .. It was stuttgart instead. Aimed for Venice Lido bit thtat closes at 1900lt so we filed LJLJ .. But serious downdrafts and some weather rerouted us to LJPZ .. But that closed 15 min before landing so ended up in Pula ..which is always a pleasure.

Be aware .. We were at FL150 and experienced serious downdrafts.. Another aircraft in the vicinity was simply unable to maintain 150 then 130 and finally decided to turn around..

We flew along the ridge of thunderstorm weather for a very long time (belgium to lowi) ..

The adl120 definitely served its purpose!

Last Edited by Commander at 23 May 03:00

Still quite a bit of bad weather in the entire southwest of Germany this morning. But: it is supposed to move out and weaken in the course of the morning, so actually today it looks better in the afternoon.

Photo taken a minute ago at Mannheim (EDFM).

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 May 04:49
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The two ends of the route are good.

There is a long N-S band of bad wx enroute

so we will fly to it and if it looks impenetrable we will turn back. There is no practical route around this.

However a look around the 0000Z 23/05 baloon ascents

suggests that not a lot of it is above FL180.

We shall see… the forecasts are all basically bunk.

This

suggests the temperature at FL180 is ISA+10.

Tracking link

Last Edited by Peter at 23 May 05:47
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We’re going the Easterly route so at least we’ll be around (most of) the Alps instead of over them:

Last Edited by chrisparker at 23 May 05:51
Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Arrived yesterday @ 1515L. Met Warley Air @ airport. Will be at fountain 1800L

TJ
Cambridge EGSC
Sign in to add your message