Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

I am tending towards Brac LDSB because it is a bigger island and there is more to do. Also the boat trips to Hvar or Split (from Bol or Supetar, respectively) are really good. Losinj doesn’t have much in the way of convenient/short boat trips AFAIK.

Losinj is nearer to N Europe (relevant for getting back against the usual wind) but one can easily stop at Losinj or Pula on the way back.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

How about 23-26 May? That is Friday to Monday, and the Monday is showing as a UK holiday which means not going to work

Losinj or Brac?

Administrator

… do not know yet if it’s possible. That’s when the school holdays start in Germany, and we have not made any plans yet. But if I went anywhere in the south with the plane, I’d come. (My preference would be Brac).

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 26 Jan 15:30

Like Alexis, I can’t make any definite plans. But the date is as good as any, for me, and neither do I have any reason to prefer the one destination over the other. That said, as of today there still are no rules allowing European microlights into Croatia – but I daresay that will be sorted out before the tourist season begins. So count me in, under all possible reserves. Still considering it a two weeks’ holiday, touring BE-DE-CZ-SK-HU-SLO-HR. Under the most favourable conditions, my return could be HR-SLO-IT-FR-BE.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Happy with date – either destination. I will be governed by VFR, like to route France, Italy, Croatia, Austria, Germany, Belgian/Holland or other way round.

Norman
United Kingdom

I won’t be able to do that weekend but look forward to reading about it.

EGTK Oxford

Let me consider the date fixed then. The four-day slot gives us a bit of leeway for weather, if we aim to be “around” there for the weekend.

Location preferences – LDLO or LDSB?

I have 2 spare seats but both are booked now

Administrator

mm a week earlier would be better.
In principal I would like to come but maybe leave on sunday.

Last week in May is the only time I can’t do it and I really want to do it!

Forever learning
EGTB

Unless I hear otherwise very soon I will fix it on Mali Losinj LDLO and we will go with that.

The two locations are pretty similar, for a couple of days’ stay. LDLO has better opening hours than LDSB and is about 1hr nearer.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message