Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Chris, your video was superb…

Looked a fantastic trip. AnthonyQ and I will definitely get to the next one…..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Thanks BeechBaby!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Thanks so much to Peter for both organising the event and flying me there and back! Really appreciated! There are far worse places to be confined for 7 hours than in a TB20 at FL180 ;) Two really enjoyable flights!

You said it all, and much better than I could DP! Wonderful photos, too!

I’m hugely grateful to Peter for his extremely generous invitation, no way I could have done it otherwise. Hey, yeah, 7 hours isn’t nearly long enough when the company is good!

See you all again, I hope, and a special wave to Emir and Hinda (sorry, bet I didn’t spell that right!) – great to meet you!

Last Edited by Jojo at 30 May 20:02
Bordeaux

Just watched the video Chris – BRILLIANT!

Bordeaux

Thanks Jojo!

Nice to meet you at the weekend – we had a great time!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

See you all again, I hope, and a special wave to Emir and Hinda (sorry, bet I didn’t spell that right!) – great to meet you!

You got it right Jojo It was really great to meet you! See you next time. Peter mentioned something organizing fly-in sooner than next year, maybe this summer once more.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I definitely think we should not wait another year. Let’s do something this summer.

Let me throw some names in the air…

Brac (like Losinj but bigger and with more to do and more boat trips, but an extra hour further south)
Zaragoza (a very scenic old Spanish city, absolutely strict PPR)

Cities need good wx – they tend to be utterly miserable otherwise.

Offers?

I also think we ought to do it at a short notice, picking good wx. I am actually not sure whether there is any difference in the % drop-out rate between setting a date say 3 months ahead, and setting a date say 5 days ahead. In the former case, a lot of people drop out anyway because some urgent stuff comes up at a late time. It is also totally a hostage to fortune on wx.

Last Edited by Peter at 31 May 09:41
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great write ups – short notice can work better, although if you are in the slow VFR food department, somewhere, say within five hundred miles of London, might be preferable.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

May I make a suggestion for a future summer fly-in? I would think that Calvi (LFKC) on Corsica would be a good candidate.

It’s a wonderful destination for a weekend. The town is near and pleasant, with a big marina. The beach right next to the marina is beautiful (snad) and the water is perfect. Friendliness of the people is another matter, though.

The airport has: customs, IFR, good opening hours, the whole lot. Still very moderate fees. Avgas is decently priced.

August should be avoided. Beginning to mid-September would be perfect.

From Britain, it is actually less distant than Losinj. A home match for the French obviously. For Germans/Swiss/Austrians, it is largely about the same distance.

If the intention was to do considerably less flying than that, one would probably have to sacrifice the “beach” aspect and look for a more central place. Since most people here seem to come from Britain or Germany, the “centre of gravity” would be Belgium.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

September would be quite possible for me.
I would be extremely happy to join the second round, as I could not come in May.

Belgium could be nice !

Sign in to add your message