Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Boscomantico @168

Don’t know what chart you are looking at. Of course you can fly the Brenner route. South of the Brenner, there are a couple of very small military areas which you should avoid (unless you are sure they’re not active).

Was looking at slightly out of date (OOD) NavBox Pro. Have now got a 2013 Jepp for the Brenner area and can see it’s currently two little ones as you say.

Would be interested in any otherl N to S x’ing details. Lat Longs for ‘valley turn’ way-points would be nice if no other specific location.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 05 Mar 23:23
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Finally I phoned PULA ARO +385 52 530 271 (fax +385 52 550 922) and I understand that LDLO is closed 27 OCT to 29 MAR, so that explains the pack of response.

They have a 48hr PNR opening during this period but if there is nobody reading the emails or faxes………… ?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I hate that. Anybody can really set up an eMail responder …

Somebody who knows their way around a unix mail server, or has a nice control panel already set up for them, can… but there are bigger issues in larger organisations. That’s why one so often finds that the domain name of some huge company has been terminated and is up for sale.

Pula LDPL are also interested in hosting the fly-in if we have any problems with Mali Losinj, so that is good news. Let me quote a bit of their email:

In case you need anything from us in the future please do not hesitate to ask, we are always happy to promote and support general aviation community.

Not often one hears that in northern Europe!

Last Edited by Peter at 06 Mar 11:04
Administrator

This is what the LDLO airport WEBSITE says:

New working hours of Lošinj airport from 27th October till March 29. 2014. are from 08.00 till 15.00 o’clock local time every day.

Which website?

The only website I can find is this one.

You are right – but it is under News. Not exactly a place a pilot would look for airport opening hours…

Administrator

That’s what I always hear in Pula – they are quite GA friendly, even in the summer when they have increased traffic, which is not the case with other coastal airports (e.g. Split LDSP – trippling GA parking prices during summer).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Well, isn’t that the official LDLO website? I have knowns this for many years. It’s really tragic how little some people care about their responsibilities and jobs. I do not think it’s asking too much that they put the correct opening hours on the web. Not as bad as Greece (where almost no eMail address works) but bad for a country that wants to be top tourist destination.

They would merely need to look a few kilometres north to see how it’s done properly.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Right, and that’s why the apron of Portoroz is full every weekend when the weather is nice.

Sign in to add your message