Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Just heard from the manager. They can take up to 60 planes, though with some on grass.

I don’t think we are going to manage 60

Grass parking is OK if there is somebody to help to move it so you don’t have to taxi on/off it under power. And they do have a few blokes around.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m coming Sunday morning. I have a business trip ending Saturday afternoon.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Working on it. Really need a P2 with Alps X’ing experience. Could collect en-route between Northern UK and say Switzerland.

It’s a big trip for me, at least the Alps bit is. Aircraft would be ‘N’ Reg normal aspirated Arrow.

No more than 50/50 ATPIT (At This Point In Time)

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

hi David, i did not read the hole history but why you do not fly via Austria? We flew last year from Switzerland to LDLO also via LOLW to LJPZ as there were signs of Föhn in the Alps.
Should not even be a big detour for you, for us it was!

regards Lucas

LSMF

Anybody looked at a return IFR route? RocketRoute comes up with this:

which is 75nm longer than the outbound. Autorouter won’t give me a valid route.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

What parameters are you using?

I get this, FL100-140

Administrator

Any more estimates for who might come along?

It’s only 3 weeks away

Administrator

It seems clear now that I’ll be unable to attend – either I still don’t have a job, and I’ll not have the money; or I’ll have a brand new job and then I’ll not be allowed the very minimum of a week’s leave.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

It’s only 3 weeks away…

Only three weeks? I work in the GA environment. I’m happy if I know what’s three days away. Or three hours… But I’m almost certainly not coming. This weekend would have been fine (in retrospect). Next weekend would probably be fine (as our aeroplane will almost certainly still be away for maintenance). But three weeks is as far away as three months or three years.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Looking at a VFR route EGCFLDLO via Straubing (EDMS) for fuel and round the eastern side of the biggest Alps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hbzfumvmbiy0b8/EGCF%20-%20EDMS%20%28fuel%29%20-%20LDLO.jpg

Basically North UK – Rotterdam – Monchengladbach (VOR) – Koln/Bonn N VRP – Frankfurt NE zone – Nurnberg S zone – Straubing for fuel (EDMS) – Linz – Graz – LDLO
Will I get VFR transits Rotterdam and those big German zones.
As can be seen from the link this is based on VOR’s
Normally Aspirated Arrow, UK IMC Rating (IR restricted)
Any views would be appreciated – wanting to avoid any unwanted miles due to ‘doglegs’.
I could ‘post’ links to route maps if it’s of any help.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 07 May 23:15
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message