Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Hi WarleyAir,

Does your fuel stop in Bavaria have to be an IFR-field (which EDMS Straubing is)?

If not, you might want to consider going to EDML Landshut where the fuel is quite a bit cheaper (and the restaurant is nicer). I admit I am biased as EDML is my home field. Or you could go to LOLS Scharding which is just across the border in Austria where the fuel costs even less.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

may not get CAS transit

I’ve never had any problems getting class C clearances over the alps, neither in Switzerland nor in Austria,France, Slovenia, Croatia.

Northern Italy may be bit of an issue, prepare to descend relatively quickly south side of the alps. OTOH, often there isn’t any radio coverage, and so far, I haven’t been sent an interceptor

LSZK, Switzerland

Swiss absolutely refused me entry into their Class C, so I had to fly over the Alps at FL129, but that was a long time ago. It was scenic but needed good wx. Is they now allow it, that’s great. Later on I avoided Swiss airspace and went more east.

Many postings I have read over the years by Italian locals (which I won’t repeat because I would be criticised if I wrote them ) suggest that adherence to airspace is less than 100%.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

adherence to airspace is less than 100%.

who can blame them? controlled airspace with no radio coverage doesn’t make that much sense…

LSZK, Switzerland

Peter, where did you ask?

The frequency to call is Zürich Delta 119.225 (see LS ENR 6.3-1). Unlike Zürich Info, this is a real ATCO that can issue clearances. I suggest to call Zürich Delta (they don’t have a fax number, AFAIK )

LSZK, Switzerland

That trip is here but I have no more info or recollections. I am fairly sure it was Zurich I was talking to.

Anyway if this is history, it’s history.

But anyway I would not fly that route if going to LDLO. It is very scenic but the more eastern one, posted above, is simpler airspace-wise and you come out on a better track. I got this great pic there at FL140

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi,

I’m going to fly leg to LDLO from LOAU. Just want to clarify:

1. I have to request customs and immigration in LOAU. Or do I need internation airport only (like LOWG) to fly to LDLO?
2. Will LDLO also has immigration and customs facility? Can I PPR by e-mail or better by phone?

It’s my first time with customs and immigration…

EVCA

1. I have to request customs and immigration in LOAU. Or do I need internation airport only (like LOWG) to fly to LDLO?

You only need immigration, no customs (both Austria and Croatia are EU). I don’t know about Austria but in Germany many small airfields can do immigration because AFIS have permission from the border police to perform immigration checks on behalf of the police. It requires 2h PNR.

The website of LOAU says that “cross border flights are possible without restriction”. You should contact them therefore.

2. Will LDLO also has immigration and customs facility? Can I PPR by e-mail or better by phone?

It is available during opening hours, no PPR required.

Last Edited by achimha at 11 May 09:27

Thank you, achimha. Could you please post the link to LOAU website?

EVCA

pshz @ no.274. What’s your distance on that one (LOAULDLO) ? Looks might be similar to mine from Northern UK – 900nm.

I’m having a look at a new route via Belgiun, Germany, Straubing EDMS for fuel, Danube and South down East of Alps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xn2rpt3eviw369f/2014-05-11%2010.12.59.jpg

Any views from those with experience on that one – might put pics. of maps up shortly.

I’m look for 2 max PAX from UK to share workload/cost. – otherwise I may not make it. My A/C (Arrow, non tubo) booked dates are Wednesday 21 – Tuesday 27 out of EGCF (Sandtoft)

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 11 May 09:46
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message