Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sicily - Palermo LICP - EuroGA 4-5 Sep 2021 fly-in

I got confirmation from LICB on parking stand, filled in PLFs, booked rental car and accommodation at first stop (Siracusa) and we’re ready to go. The only question which remains open is dinner in Palermo on 4th: will it be possible due to new status and rule of gathering of max 4 people not from same household?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The Italian ban on Brits is likely to end imminently.

However one cannot fly to LICP from Croatia (immigration). This should have been picked up much sooner! Flying to LICP from Croatia has been mentioned so many times. LICJ – database report – is the big Palermo airport and it does have avgas but costs around €350.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

However one cannot fly to LICP from Croatia (immigration).

I mentioned this few times, last time on top of this page

You have the option to land at LICB (cheaper than LICJ) and after immigration fly to LICP.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Italy had some general provision for Immigration on request – here

Has this been removed?

Administrator

Just to give the reply here, too, that we’ll not come to Sicily this time. It’s just too far away for only a few days, and we couldn’t make the stay any longer this time. We will be flying that weekend, but short enough to still have the rest of the day “out”. Destination will be (hopefully) just perfect for our small kids

I wish to all that come that the meeting will be great! See you on another occasion!

Last Edited by UdoR at 30 Aug 09:23
Germany

This is relevant to anyone going to Italy from Croatia.

My point above still exists – for some reason nobody seems to be aware of it

I am heading down to Dubrovnik this week and hope to make LICP on Saturday for the meet-up.

Those who went “offline” are assumed to not be going, but we still have a good size group, with some new people.

Administrator

Saturday might be pretty challenging from LDDU to LICP regarding the weather.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We had great dinner yesterday evening. I was a bit late and didn’t have the opportunity to talk much with others but still was able to see happy faces of all people who managed to clear all paperwork and weather obstacles. I’m glad we’ve met again showing that it’s possible to organize fly-in even in these challenging times.

I’m still in Palermo, leaving tomorrow morning for Cefalo and Taormina and probably somewhere else on Sicily before heading home on Tuesday.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Arrived home today – I guess I was the last one from fly-in crews to leave Sicily. A bit tough departure but pretty much on time before weather worsened. Other than that, nice and calm flight at FL180.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Other than that, nice and calm flight at FL180

Yes, being able to fly high makes flying much smoother, even when wx down below you is nasty and bumpy. I’m glad you made it back and have some fun on the way!

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message