Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2015 15-18 April

The website of the exhibition mentions free Wi-Fi for all visitors, here is the link to the English version:

Link

The brochure posted earlier in this thread has a review date January 2010 so might not be up-to-date.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

It seams that forecast is worsening …

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The UKMO MSLP for 1200Z Saturday looks slightly dodgy but probably OK for both UK-EDNY and Zagreb-EDNY, but it’s a changing picture for sure

But any forecast this far ahead, in this fast changing wx, is mostly fiction.

Thursday looks OK for getting there, especially if one heads from the UK straight down into France.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The forecast is worsening………

………..looks OK to me ;-)

Oxford and Bidford

Emir,
from Zagreb i flew the bad weather route to Graz, Vienna and along the Danube a couple of times. It is almost always flyable this time of the year. Or you cross Italy to the Rhone valley and fly up there. I’ve done that too VFR, worked great.

I’ve flown the same route few times at same time of the year in similar conditions. Last year it was one hour in icing conditions due to ATC’s request to descend earlier than actually was planned – in the clouds exactly below freezing level and not allowed to descend more to get positive temperatures due to some airspace restrictions, picking up ice and getting rid of it with TKS – ideal situation I’d rather go up to FL160 or 180 to find non-freezing layer than trying to cross Alps VFR – I’m not in this game when crossing the front.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

………..looks OK to me ;-)

But you’ll have headwind on your way back

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Well, while we IFR pilots are debating this, one of our resident VFR pilots has just landed at EDNY from the UK

He will have 2 extra evenings to check out the (mostly high maintenance) girls down there, before the rest of us arrive (I did warn him)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Did you mean you flew the route along the Danube?

I am not much of a professional IFR pilot – but I refuse to descend/climb into something I don’t like. There’s no way they can force you into icing conditions.

No, I flew the same route I plan to fly on Saturday. Nobody can force you into in but you don’t know that it’s there before you hit it. And then if you can’t go lower and you have problem going higher because of ice and performance, you don’t have many options…

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message