Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2015 15-18 April

Welll, if I am descending towards a cloud deck which I know is between 0 and -10 degrees, I simply assume it contains ice. In hindsight, I was right 9 out of 10 times…

The problem is knowing exactly how thick it is…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Sure, if you don’t know about it, then that can happen. When I flew home from France last Saturday, between some layers in FL060 the French Controller wanted to make me climb to FL110. The clouds above looked pretty dense and it was 0°C at FL60 … so I answerered that I’d rather remain VMC. In the end they always give in, at least that’s my experience. Especially if you tell them the reason ATC is very understanding for the most part.

I am departing tomorrow 0800Z and hopefully I won’t break the tracking link this time (or anything else)

See ya all there

The return route is almost identical.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

See you on Saturday. I’m coming with friend of mine as copilot – he used to be member of Croatian Airforce aerobatics group.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The IR image looks pretty bad

but the GRAMET suggests it is all high altitude stuff

Otherwise, the French will go berserk (as they tend to) when I ask for an “avoid” for most of the route, due to the military zones down there…

Administrator

This would be a situation where it’s perfectly safe to execute the flight at a non-oxygen level in warm air. The route at FL070 has a 11% overhead.

The *******s f*****d me over by cancelling the FP because it didn’t hit the PPR slot…

I can’t edit the speed in the router so I hacked a version of it in EuroFPL, cancelled original, and refiled with the speed hacked to 120kt.

And now I have just got a 1hr delay slot! But most slots disappear nearer EOBT.

This trip may have to be abandoned, because no arrival slots will be available and I can’t be bothered doing yet more hacks like filing for another airport and diverting, and risking EDNY denying a landing clearance.

New track link
http://tracking.eurofpl.eu/1341N113ACEGKA1504160900

UPDATE:

EDNY has deleted my slot (apparently because I cancelled the FP before filing the new one seconds later)

Can’t rebook because the booking website says it is still booked.

So I am totally f*****d anyway.

I don’t want to go and end up not being allowed to land.

Administrator

An alternative is to fly to another airfield and hop a ride with a member either by car or plane.

KHTO, LHTL

Too much hassle…

Can anybody telephone the EDNY tower and ask them if they will allow the inbound who had a slot but had it cancelled?

EDIT: I phoned them and discovered they booked me an earlier slot (which cannot be hit anyway, especially with the 1hr delay by Eurocontrol). This was never notified to me. So they rebooked me the original 1320-1340 slot, which I should hit (on the flight plan, anyway) with a slow filed speed of 120kt.

Administrator

Whats your tail number Are you coming from EGKA?

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message