Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Thessaloniki - LGTS

@Manitu the first essential bit for FRAPORT airports is to get the PPR.
You cannot do it on your own, it has to go via Handler and each PPR gets charged (new PPR new charge etc).
So you contact your handler of choice with the flight’s details and they take care of all the communications.
www.aopa.gr/Info paragraph 12b for contact process but read the whole page (all paragraphs) so that you are well informed in advance to avoid surprises.
GOLDAIR seem to be a bit more efficient than others in the arena.
Don’t plan for quick turnarounds.
Allow some time for them because this peak summer period airport and handlers operate at peak capacity and GA is (sort of) their last priority in ground services.
Even though LGTS is a H24 airport, do check the airport NOTAMs for any essential information.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Well. Fraport charges are here.

So, expect ~60 for landing and about ~170 for a week of parking.

Then, assuming you are AOPA, and assuming a few pax, an IFR arrival etc., add about 250 for handling and other fees, so make that about 500 total. A little bit less if you are lucky.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Would like to renew this thread…

I am planning to fly with family to LGTS in September and park our plane for 1 week. Is anybody familiar with this airfield?
It is really hard to find out what the final charges might be.

Would need advice on parking and charges.
Fuel should not be an issue (hopefully). We would be coming in a DA42.

EDMA

Thank you all for answering my questions.

Ben

The Greek AIP has always been out of date.

It is only about 1 year since it was online. Before that it was a printed book, which nobody bought and read.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing information, PPG, that will not be found in the usual channels.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

The tricky thing with Thessaloniki is if you go to AIP you can read they have AVGAS but in fact there is a notam saying there is not…

When I bought my Greek maps, a very kind guy explain this to me, he advise me Skopje 1:30 from tes/niki because AVGAS is really less expensive there.
As I had no reply from tes/niki aeroclub I had a contact from a guy in a small airfield 60 km north : KILKIS/Nea Kavala. He is ok to sell AVGAS, but I didn’t already try it (I m planing to go there this summer)
I hope they will improve, AVGAS in north Greece seems to be very precious….
PPG

PPG
LFNV

The helicopter pilots VFR map is not based on ONC. Its custom ground details (full details up to standards) from geographical data map with license.
If you come in contact with Thessaloniki aeroclub they should be able to sell AVGAS but it will be an aeroclub “donation” receipt, no invoice for gas and price should be a bit higher 2,8~3 Euro/Lt because they bring it in barrels from refinery by truck.
If you refer to spring/summer 2016, airport may have AVGAS by then, AirBP is working on it …

LGMG Megara, Greece

AOPA Greece information page

No avgas at LGTS for about 10 years.

There are VFR charts for Greece, produced by a group of helicopter pilots, and based on the 1998 ONC G3 chart which I used in my 2004 VFR trip to Crete

The avgas details in Greece are in the first link above. Nothing in the N Aegean except Samos LGSM. Currently I am sitting at Lesbos LGMT which (like most of the holiday islands) has Customs but no avgas.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You can also see the elevation of each point in Google Earth, there’s also overlays for Google Earth you can install. SD shows the elevation of each point (where the cursor is) as well.

I would simply send an eMail to the handling company and you can ask them everything!

15 Posts
Sign in to add your message