Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain - October 31 Pamplona LEPP 2015

Landing 13:34. That’s probably a siesta surcharge…

It was nice seeing you again Peter, let’s try and lure more people to Spain..
Keep me informed what they say about that bill. I arrived 10 min later than you, stayed for one night and paid 36 euros. Maybe there is a different fee for non-Schengen, but they specified it wrongly on the invoice.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

(That was the VAT for the airplane!)

;-) (!)

Winds quite strong today as I wait for my lo cost back to Luton. The Super Cub would have struggled on most fronts, visibility, headwinds, low clouds, although when I arrived at Barcelona Friday the weather was perfect, and stayed this way through Sunday.

Definitely need to try and re visit in the SC although local airport bureaucracy is a bit of a pain.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

That was the VAT for the airplane!

Can’t be… I didn’t get a cert of free circulation

Anyway, to finish off the report:

Outbound track

Return track

Evidently London Control closed the Eurocontrol flight plan as I approached Shoreham, hence the end of the tracking and not showing the Biggin etc diversion which does show up on FR24 although with very sporadic samples

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

achimha wrote:

Landing 13:34. That’s probably a siesta surcharge…

It’s the other way around in Spain, Achim. Some time ago there were parking meters installed in my town. So I arrived at 12.45 and needed an hour so put some money in, and the first quarter took me to 13:00. Threw some money in, and surprise surprise, it suddenly jumped to 17:00! Policeman nearby saw me being puzzled, came over and said laughingly ’you’re not a Spaniard, are you? Don’t you know it is our constitutional right to have a siesta without having to pay for it?’. So this is why I live here

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Avgas at LEPP was €2.65/litre (170 litres for €450).

Administrator

Update:

It wasn’t a siesta charge; it was a mistake:

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Avgas at LEPP was €2.65/litre (170 litres for €450).

I pay around 1,74 EUR per liter without VAT at LELL. I use the Air BP card and with the VAT ID of my company it is ‘commercial’. The Air BP card also shows the name of my company. There is a rule in Spain that for business use AVGAS is free of tax. A similar rule does exist in France but there you have to solicit that. I’m in the process of doing that. There is no requirement to operate an AOC – just be a business and fly for business purposes.

Frequent travels around Europe

That’s how it used to be years ago (and at many other places around Europe) but I have tried it many times and each time they want to see the AOC. That’s despite the AIR BP card showing a company name. So I guess there must be another variable involved.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message