Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain - October 31 Pamplona LEPP 2015

Visual approach, left base, OBS mode set up to show the runway bearing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is a step back to France

The Pamplona area

Final for Pamplona LEPP

Aeroclub

Getting fuel. The man could not understand a single word of English and when I said Visa or Air BP (twice) he said “cash”. With Aart’s help I got together enough, only to discover later they take Air BP. Not Visa though. Who employs a zero-ELP fuel guy at a place like this?

There is a growing list of airports which are Air BP only… curious since the card almost died over the last 10 years.

Out of the hotel window

Administrator

Administrator

Nice pictures. Looks like a good place to fly to. I had blocked three days to join but the plane was on its annual and 1000 hour inspection. I picked up the plane Monday so I could have made it but, eventually we decided to move our DA40 (and all the stuff we kept in the hangar) to its new home EBST.
Our home base EBLG has become way too GA unfriendly: ICAO Flight plan mandatory for any flight (even local T&G), Landing fee at 60€, mandatory shuttle, 15€ pax fee and soon mandatory handling, ASO…

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Jean wrote:

EBLG has become way too GA unfriendly

Too bad… another one to scratch off the list.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

A few more pics from Pamplona:

The fortress

This one needs a bit of decorating

The river is a long way below

The famous bull ring. It is very visible from the air

Curiously the autumn colours are just like the UK despite it being much warmer here

I am glad to be hauling the K3 on this trip. No phone camera gets near it. Well, the Nokia 808 did but it had a useless browser. Technology sometimes goes backwards.

Administrator

South coast fogged in as usual on these November trips.

Administrator

Did you try the approach?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes. 3×.

Very local fog. At and past the MAP it is clear. Just a local lump of fog sitting over the airport.

It was improving and then went backwards.

Lydd was good but fogged in as I landed.

Southampton and Bournemouth are/were OK but rubbish for transport.

Administrator

Glad you got Into Biggin ok Peter. Nearly had to join you! Shoreham said you had diverted just before we left Alderney. I was planning for Lydd or Biggin, as it happens Lydd told London at they were just becoming fogged in as we were passing Kathy. There was hole in the fog just over Goodwood, circled and landed there so just a short taxi ride to shoreham for the car! Did you have to get the train from Bromley?

Photo of the fog bank just south of Kathy, west of the IOW then Shoreham apron this evening. It was perfect in Alderney!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message