Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Saturday lunch in Germany 24 October 2015

If you have a phone then call the EDMS ATIS from the plane in case you are going: +499429948420

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 23 Oct 20:31

ETSN is military. ETSI would be better as a second alternate. Only ten minutes from EDMS. But it is PPR for customs, you have to call or fill out the form on the website. I think EDMA is your best second alternate, and usually no fog.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 23 Oct 20:42

I will hold and provide a weather reporting service for up to 30 minutes!

I see half of EuroGA will be stacked at RDG VOR in the hold;-) Is my memory correct that at EDMS only one can go at a time and the next one will have to wait until the first one has landed because the missed approach must be kept clear?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

That only happens if Achim is there. My only European hold was because he chose to do the entire approach at 85 knots.

EGTK Oxford

I am cancelling.

The wx is bad right now -

destination:

alternate:
EDMA 240550Z VRB01KT 2100 BR OVC004 06/06 Q1021 RMK ATIS ECH (only a bit above ILS minima)

alternate “might” be OK later:
TAF EDMA 240500Z 2406/2415 13005KT 2000 BR OVC002 TEMPO 2406/2408 0500 FG VV001 BECMG 2408/2410 6000 BKN005 BECMG 2410/2412 CAVOK
but fog clearance forecasts are a complete fool’s game.

The MSLP for tomorrow (Sunday) 1200Z has a nasty looking front on it (especially the transition from warm to cold front is usually bad news)

The above front is not reflected in tafs but they don’t go above 5000ft. The GRAMET shows nothing at all but it often does that.

The wx after tomorrow is worse, which means the pressure would really be on for flying back tomorrow.

Another time!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Don’t cancel too early. I just called the weather number of Straubing and it already improved to 800m visibility. I guess by the time we are there we will be eating at the least the desert of our lunch in the sun.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I have that feeling too, it would be typical that it’s sunny at 1200 LT … but with fog you really never know

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 24 Oct 07:04

It’s easy for you guys; you are only flying down the road. I have a 4hr flight and would be driving to the airport now. Then I have to fly back tomorrow (Shoreham closes 1800 UTC on weekends) on which the wx looks dodgy and it’s much worse on the days that follow. And on Wednesday I have 2 weeks of staff holidays so have to be back… don’t fancy abandoning the plane at EDMS and have to retrieve it later!

Does EDMS have HIAL?

In any case this is way below minima.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
EGTK Oxford

I can understand that, I wouldn’t want to fly 4 hours only to have to divert …

Anyway, my prognosis is MVFR to VMC around 12:00 LT, Munich TAF is FEW006 for 1200 LT. My field is slowly getting better, usually if it’s like this at 9.30, it should be ok. But fif not I’ll drive over to EDMS.

Sign in to add your message