Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to meet up in 2016?

Shorrick_Mk2 wrote:

Annecy downtown can be oppressively crowded on week-ends.

Then hadn’t we better rendez-vous there outside the peak period? Actually, what is peak season there? Skiing time, I should think?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Peak season is spring, summer and autumn. Ski season everybody is up in the mountains.

I thought it was a nice place but I didn’t get the impression there was a lot to do there for a 3-night trip. There was walking or boating around the lake, or hang out at the bars. There is also some boutique shopping

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In Carcassonne you can spend one full day visiting the old town and castle, another day cycling on the banks of the Canal du Midi, and the third day hanging out at the bars!

The are also numerous places to visit outside of the city provided you rent a car.

In Avignon you can spend the best part of a day visiting Palais des Papes, another day visiting the rest of the city, shopping, you can visit nearby Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Gigondas, Mont Ventoux, take a riverboat tour…

In Tours one could plan a tour of the famous Chateaux de la Loire. Saumur is not too far away.

In Bergerac, if you rent a car, there is a lot to see, drink and eat.

LFPT, LFPN
In Tours one could plan a tour of the famous Chateaux de la Loire.

Haven’t I heard this is a fabulous tour to do flying? Sounds like a good idea for an extended weekend.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

We have been visiting Annecy for years and never failed to get in.

Part of the reason is that the minima are not as stated in the earlier post. There is another page in the charts giving minima dependent on missed approach climb gradient. If you are Cat A and can make 5% the minimum for an ILS 04 is 310 feet and the LPV is 360 feet.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Did I mention Elba? I’ve been there in 2014. Really nice.

Administrator

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

Cheese us Achim, that is horrendeous paleontholitic Basic code!

Well, these days I would expect the code that initiates TBM as object with properties “perfect aircraft” and “horrendeous price” as well as method “show” that presents properties in an infinite loop

Back to topic – visiting Tarbes maybe will make my wife decide buying me TBM

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter

I think Elba has shut, I can’t find it in my Jepps and the last time I went past ( albeit at FL390 ) I had trouble seeing the airfield.

In the current cycle:

It’s not called “Elba”.

Website

Administrator
Sign in to add your message