Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Carcassonne LFMK And On To?

Yes sorry my post referred to El Prat pricing (LEBL) as suggested by Chris. Instead of repositioning to LEGE from LELL I would go straight there for Barcelona and depart to Gibraltar (if that is where you really want to go…).

EGTK Oxford

I would go for LERS.

1. Nice little VFR ride from LELL over the valley of where all the Cava’s (Spanish Champagne) are brewed.
2. Landing fee 20 euros. But do check handling fees. Obligatory handling for flights to outside Schengen destination. Still, total costs probably still way below LEGE which would be 150-200 euros I think.
3. Like Peter said, no VFR to LEBL.

As an aside, contact ALAS 100 for handling at LELL. He takes his car to your aircraft and rides you straight into Barcelona, 80 euros or so total. Tell him you expect him to pick you up from the city back to the airport and that this would be included in the 80 euros. He’ll probably say yes.. And he may ask you: ’did this %^#*+# Dutchman give you this advice?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Top tips aart!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

LXGB wants you to read (and hopefully understand) and sign a form WRT the wind shear situation there. IIRC they could email it to you, but you had to fax it back. Finding a fax machine….. they may have moved on to more modern times now, but check. Also, it’s PPR (used to be 48h). Not sure if they’ve now finished the rebuilding program, but during WIP parking was severely limited (really, not Greek-style) and no overnight parking. Going and coming you need a full ‘port of entry’ airport, e.g. Malaga LEMG or LEJR (Jerez). Of course, Cascais is one as well, so that part of the plan definitely is doable.

chrisparker wrote:

I’ve got 6-20 May free so I’m wondering where to go after the Carcassonne meet-up.

I’m in the same situation – except limited to VFR.

I’m meeting friends in Malaga the weekend after Carcassonne. I may have a business meeting in Barcelona during the week.

And I think I would like to cross over to Africa and spend some time in Tanger. (Any feedback here? Worth the trip?)

I’ll be following this thread closely!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Peter wrote:

Barcelona Sabadell = LELL (and was €80 in 2012)

Still is, I was there in november 2015

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Why not continue the flight into Marocco and Mauritania and then back via Gran Canaria to Spain?

EDLE, Netherlands

Avoid Mauritania now, I flew from Morroco to Senegal in december.
It’s a pain in the ass now to get the overflight permit. A friend of mine did Nouakchott a few month ago and get ripe off in landing fee, avgas…
Sénégal is Nice, depending on your range, stop in Dakhla and fly to Saint Louis or Dakar

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I have a friend in Mauritania that can arrange the overflight more or less for free with good connections into the government and aviation authorities (for some bottles with alcohol in it in exchange) and can even get you the AVGAS into the City of Atar. Senegal is nice, Mali as well (well … most areas).

EDLE, Netherlands

That’s great news. It’s more and more difficult to get the flight permit for Mauritania and Senegal… Last time we had to delay our departure…
Next time i’ll go I will use a company to manage that part…

Otherwise, I really love to fly in morocco and Senegal.

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB
Sign in to add your message