Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cannes LFMD

Nothing to add, avoid IFR as much as possible. For a DA62 you won’t be placed on the grass, more on LIMA in front of hangars 4 to 6.

LFMD, France

I read from July 1st to September 12th the airport is coordinated and you need a slot. It’s also on a NOTAM.
I haven’t read the details, not sure if it applies to IFR only.
And Y flight plans to LFMD are not allowed.

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

Coordination only applies only to IFR, and the depart or arriving slots doesn’t correspond (and are not sync’ed) with ATC slots, and it gets the thing again more complex and not prone to last minutes updates.
I experienced it yesterday for a LEPA→LFMD when paxes arrived 15 minutes late, I had to use the mighty influence of one FBO guys to update departing slots of LEPA, IFR fpl and IFR arriving slot in Cannes… It is getting the flight thing very complex at preparation step…
This been said, no problem for VFR. Also I don’t think you need a PPR but if you want a hard parking, it’s better to call them,

Personnaly I have moved all my “personal IFR training” activities after the 14th of september.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 25 Aug 14:17
LFMD, France

Nothing to add, avoid IFR as much as possible.

Why? NOTAM only specifies slot coordination. Is that so complicated? I’m planning flying there on 7th and stay until 10th.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hello Emir, just take Saturday slot early enough. Mid August I tried to book an IFR departure slot at 7z and arriving slot at 10z for training, and all I could get is a departure at 8z and return in the evening (booking time the day before)…
These reservation are to limit the number of jets in Cannes during high season because of neighboring cities whose power is growing on with the green wave.
So airport manager, as it can’t do that, subcontract it to an organism that knows how to do it (COHOR), but this last one has no idea of local constraints (IFR flight scools, small props IFR, small and big jets), and doesn’t really care, they are just limiting the number of IFR movement on the platform.
So there are 2 options: you are not physically there and you need to create an account on https://cy.myhandlingsoftware.com/Account/Login, or call Cannes FBO for help (Skyvalet).In any case, do it in advance.
From around 15 to 30 jet in the parking in same season (during the weekdays) in 2019, there are 0 to 5 ones currently.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 29 Aug 12:49
LFMD, France

I sent request yesterday and got confirmation immediately, no problems at all.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Anyone local of LFMD ? Planning a flight to there in the coming weeks and looking for some practical info.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

I believe @johnh is. @greg_mp may also know.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I can help but can you be a bit more precise in what info you’re seeking?

LFMD, France

@johnh PM sent

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium
Sign in to add your message