Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Antwerp EBAW

Has anyone used Antwerp for a GA flight since the events in Brussels in March? Normally I just turn up, park at GA parking and walk in to the terminal. Are there any extra restrictions in place?

No changes, just a little bit more security. Just do like you are used to.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Same at Kortrijk Wevelgem EBKT, i.e. per normal.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

(Sorry I got the wrong forum first time)

No changes, just a little bit more security. Just do like you are used to.

You mean the screening process to get from ground side to air side? Not, for example, a requirement for a handling agent to accompany you to the aircraft?

Thanks.

No there is no handling needed there. Even the plane spotters have still access to the apron.

EGBE - Coventry

Thanks again. Yes, I’d forgotten the plane spotter. I thought he was a ramp inspector at first…

Went to Antwerp last week. Same as normal no handeling under 2tonnes. No car parking outside the terminal at the moment. Best to call a cab as there were none to be seen! I use 00 32 3 239 60 60

I’m not sure where you are coming from? From the UK they like a GenDec in and out. Available from the police office…second glass hatch on the right in the arrivals hall.

Have a good trip.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM)

Any recent news/updates on Antwerp? PPR? Handling?

EVCA

I used EBAW in October 2017. Same as always, just turn up and park at the “GAT” parking. Convenient and quick.

One oft-overlooked feature of EBAW is the airside pilot lounge. It’s more or less the same as a room in a budget hotel like Formule 1 or Etap – a bed, a table, a shower and a power outlet to plug in a laptop or brew some tea – but it’s free and right at the airport, which makes it a convenient place to crash overnight.

LKBU near Prague, Czech Republic
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message