Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LELL Sabadell

Planning on spending this WE at Sabadell – any recent PIREPs ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Just called to LELL and alas, 100ALAS indeed went belly up..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

That was 100ALAS but the preceeding posts seem to suggest that company is gone. Yes that was a great deal – €80 for everything including the drive into town.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

An alternative would be to use Alas100 as a handler who drives up to your aircraft to pick you up and drives you to Barcelona vice versa and arranges the landing fee, all at a very competitive rate? That worked perfectly but I have to admit it is 2 years ago or so when i did that last.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

highflyer wrote:

A taxi ride for paying the landing fee – is there something else the management can do to keep guests away?

Actually I told them they might expect comments on forums because of those decisions and suggested to let the security guard help. After all that person used to verify that you have paid and have a flight plan before letting you go to your aircraft.

In my case I didn’t follow along and paid a few landing fees via bank transfer – something that before was not possible due to administrative reasons and suddenly was no problem. The schools used to have their students pay the fee before every single flight and now get charged by the airport.

The issue is that a visitor who speaks no Spanish may definitely struggle and not understand a thing because it’s so unusual.

Last Edited by Stephan_Schwab at 17 Jul 19:09
Frequent travels around Europe

Stephan_Schwab wrote:

The change may actually create a bit of trouble for visitors.

A taxi ride for paying the landing fee – is there something else the management can do to keep guests away?

Berlin, Germany

An update on the current situation at Sabadell LELL:

The building next to the entrance is now closed and because of that the procedure for paying the landing fee has changed. The change may actually create a bit of trouble for visitors. The new way is as follows:

With your SEP you park at R2 which is shared with the flying schools and the Aeroclub. From there you walk out to the security gate where you probably catch a taxi to somewhere. When you come back and want to pay your landing fee make sure to use the taxi to enter the airport premises, drive around the runway all the way to the new tower and administrative building on the opposite side. You will pass through a tunnel underneath the runway. Tell the taxi driver to wait for you. There you go up to the first floor, get the invoice and then go downstairs to a machine where you can pay the fees either in cash or with credit card. Then you take the taxi back to the actual entrance to the apron R2 where you can pay your taxi and send the driver away.

The security guard will want to see the national ID (DNI) of the taxi driver and give him a temporary airport pass which he is supposed to return when he leaves.

Frequent travels around Europe

I started a thread on the topic of IFR departure clearances here

Administrator

Airborne_Again wrote:

Every single AFIS airport in Sweden will give you this. As they will in Norway.

Just like in France and most Europe, I guess.

Peter wrote:

A FISO issuing an IFR clearances?

The FISO is not issuing an IFR clearance in CAS on it’s own. He is just relaying an ATC clearance.

Every single AFIS airport in Sweden will give you this. As they will in Norway.

A FISO issuing an IFR clearance? That is not ICAO compliant

Administrator
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message