Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 13-14 May 2017 Fly-In Roskilde EKRK / Copenhagen

I am sure yes, especially as a number have dropped out due to various reasons, mostly inop planes.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We’ll be there then.. as we travel with some luggages (see pic) we’ll be happy to spend some social time with all of you guys (afternoon/early evening), but we also know that it is gonna be difficult joining for dinner (rarely we’re welcome in restaurants and generally not northern then 54th parallel north). N731CW see you tomorrow around 2-3 pm.

Teo
LSZE, LSZR, LSZH, Switzerland

Hi Teo, I am sure you can come as this event is not too highly organized with any strict rules. No one can prevent you from flying to EKRK and what is more, there are several people who changed their plans at the last moment and canceled their trips. It seems to me that the most active people on the forum are typically those who later cancel their trips but that is just my opinion. More screen time means less hangar time and less flying time and it is much cheaper as well :-)

LKHK, Czech Republic

Pytlak wrote:

It seems to me that the most active people on the forum are typically those who later cancel their trips but that is just my opinion

Well, I’m sorry my aircraft was grounded because my shop couldn’t get the 100 hr done in time.

I really don’t see how that relates to my activity in this forum.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 12 May 13:29
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Administrator

There was nothing personal against any person in particular but as the old Czech saying says: “Potrefená husa nejvíc kejhá” = The person concerned/guilty will disclose herself/himself by raising some comments, objections, confirmations, etc. :-). In fact I do envy you as my AC is airworthy so it means that if I do not come the reason is that I am a chicken. Which is absolutely true. I am looking at weather forecast right now, studying satellite and radar images plus sigwx charts and I must say that I do not like it. Not ideal weather forecast for IFR flying in non de-iced, non pressurized single piston without oxygen. Will see how it looks in the morning…

LKHK, Czech Republic

Let me post twi different images here:

LKHK, Czech Republic

A few more pics:

10 of us had a great dinner last night.

Looks like 12 more arriving today, plus any who are not on the telegram group.

A very large % of cancellations due to INOP aircraft – seems about 1/3 of total.

Administrator

About 30 people in total – one of the best ever

Many thanks to Michael_J for organising the restaurant and to all those who turned up. The restaurant lost track of how to do the bill because so many people moved around from one table to another

Administrator

Peter wrote:

About 30 people in total – one of the best ever

Must be due to the destination

It was great to see so many in Copenhagen, thank you all for making the effort to fly out. Roskilde Airport were went out of their way to make it possible and when the apron was filling up that promptly closed one of the taxiways to make room for extra parking. and I think most people got a follow-me car to help you find it. The Flying club was very helpful in ferrying people to the local station. I’ll send them a thank-you note. I hope you enjoyed the town and had a safe flight back.

Are there any of the participants that would try to arrange a fly-in to their home base?
There are a lot of Brits on the forum and I personally think it would be great to go to somewhere like Shoreham, Bournemouth, Kemble, Gloucestershire, Cambridge, just to name a few ideas.

EGTR
Sign in to add your message