Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 13-14 May 2017 Fly-In Roskilde EKRK / Copenhagen

Correct. But again “the main event”/dinner could be in Copenhagen….

EKRK, Denmark

Without putting too fine a point on it, I can tell you that on a fly-in where the is no organiser asking everybody to pay say €250 (as they do on some type specific ones e.g. Cirrus) and block booking hotels etc etc, you will get a turnout of close to zero if people need to get a train to meet up in the evening… basically you will get just those who live in Copenhagen, or can get there in an hour and those will turn up only on the Saturday night.

A quick look at airb&b for Copenhagen, 3 nights and 3 guests, suggests it isn’t a problem with airb&b:

That’s on the basis that one would do just two train rides in total.

Normal half decent hotel rooms are €100+ a night in any Eurozone capital which works out at €600 for 3 separate people. I have just had a quick look on booking.com and hotel rooms in Copenhagen seem to average €100/night.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hotel Øterport, right opposite the Østerport railway station which features a direct connection to Roskilde. 533 € for 2 people, 3 nights,
because I am a Genius I stayed there on a previous occasion and liked it.

LFPT, LFPN

Michael_J wrote:

Correct. But again “the main event”/dinner could be in Copenhagen….

SHOULD be…

I love the seafront. Nyhavn is a natural choice, although maybe not very inventive. This may be more exotic.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 11 Jan 15:02
LFPT, LFPN

I’ve created a Telegram group for the Copenhagen 13/14 May Flyin.
Join link: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEBm6phCee5iBoKLJA

Just a short walk to Norma. Problem solved.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Just a short walk to Norma. Problem solved.

Yup. I guess you mean Noma… Menu: 268€
http://noma.dk/food-and-wine/

EKRK, Denmark

Can a few of you join via the link here and if it works I will put it in the first post.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, sorry – in operatic mode at the moment.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Noma is closing before the fly-in, sadly (but they will reopen under new concept)

Sign in to add your message