Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-up 26-27 Nov 2016 - Colmar LFGA

Heard you on the radio with Strasbourg yesterday and briefed greeted you, but looks like you were busy getting the right frequency from them…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Somebody did relay a frequency to me – was that you? I had flown out of radio range it seems.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Somebody did relay a frequency to me – was that you? I had flown out of radio range it seems.

That would be me. I was in-trail and probably catching up with you big time!

There was a German (judging from the accent – do not remember the reg) on the frequency shooting an ILS to R23 at LFST, but the reg did not end in ZY… “English please” was one of the things I heard from that direction when the controller addressed him in French.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 28 Nov 18:18
LFPT, LFPN

Show us some unhealthy food pics, Peter :)

“English please” was one of the things I heard from that direction when the controller addressed him in French.

I get that a lot (probably 5x yesterday) and ignore the call. The callsign is only just recognisable to me in French.

Show us some unhealthy food pics, Peter :)

I didn’t want to do that due to the EuroGA CSR but since you ask…

Administrator

There was a German (judging from the accent – do not remember the reg) on the frequency shooting an ILS to R23 at LFST, but the reg did not end in ZY… “English please” was one of the things I heard from that direction when the controller addressed him in French

Yep, that was me, flying N822AG.

I do understand the callsigns in French. In fact, I understand 90% of what is being said on the radio in French, but I am not fluent emough to do all the radio calls in French. It would just be asking for trouble, when all that’s needed is a gentle reminder every now and then.

Outbound:
30-40kt headwind. I was surprised to get some of the shortcuts on a Friday, given that French military are working on weekdays.

Return:
Got some nice shortcuts, some given, some asked for. 10kt headwind, mostly. Sunday.

Administrator

Colmar looks a great place to visit, thanks for all the photos. Another one for the “list”!

UK, United Kingdom

The one turn-off was the price of the runway lighting for landing at night: 53,61 € + VAT. Total bill for two nights 109,78 € incl VAT! Yikes

LFPT, LFPN

Yep, as much as France offers great infrastructure for night flying, even at unattended airfields (PCL)… most places charge extra for the lights and the amounts tend to be on the high side…

Sign in to add your message