Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

I was thinking about LFBH, why no parking?

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I can only see in the Notams… unpaved area ‘E’ Closed. E is round the back and not the grassed G area where GA normally park.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Someone in the Telegram group for the Spanish fly-in (which has been cancelled / moved to June, and La Rochelle is being looked at as an alternative for this weekend) posted that the notam refers to all GA parking and that they had to ask some avionics shop to park on their apron.

If that is incorrect, that’s good news. Several aircraft in that group are looking at doing LFBH. I suggest joining the Spanish tg group, @rob2701

The airport does not IME let light GA park on tarmac. They reserve tarmac for the wealthy clients – bizjets. However this “G” is not excluded by the notam. Someone should phone them up…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Someone phoned LFBH and grass area G is available. So this is a GO.

Administrator

La Rochelle has ample grass parking – at least as good as Alderney. I was there Tuesday

Last Edited by Aviathor at 03 May 11:33
LFPT, LFPN

We will be at ESMS this afternoon. If anybody is available, we would enjoy to meet him for a dinner or a drink.

EDDS , Germany

The “Spanish group” is doing LFBH today-Sunday. I am heading down there shortly…

Administrator

I’m flying to LFBH later afternoon. Hopefully staying until Monday. (Bank holiday in the UK making it a three day weekend)

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

@Peter today we will arrive at EGKA around 1300 UTC. So it would be a pleasure to meet you at your homebase again. We will stay Brighton for one night, before we continue with friends to Bodmin.

EDDS , Germany

Check your email @eddsPeter

Administrator
Sign in to add your message