Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

Actually, I will be heading to LaBaule (LFRE) this July23/24/25 as well if anyone pops up nearby or to Quiberon (LFEQ)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Hi there,

since I’ll be the guy on the radio on Sunday, I’m happy to announce that we’ll have a Fly-In planned in Gruibingen EDSO on the Swabian Jura, about 30 NM east of Stuttgart this Sunday, the 18th of July. We have a rather small, but well maintained grass strip with 585 × 30 Meters, altitude is 2.300 ft, so it should work well for almost all smaller GA-planes. Radio in English is very welcome.

We’re celebrating this Fly-In because we finally got our new club airplane, a beautiful brand new Bristell! We are happy to welcome anyone with GA-plane, helicopter, microlight… all of them are allowed on our airfield.

We’ll be having a barbecue from 11 o’clock local time until the evening hours. If you wish, you can also camp at our site or if you like it more comfortably (or Mrs. Pilot is with you), there is a beautiful hotel in about 5 minutes with a taxi.

Arriving will be possible from 10 o’clock local time, so coming here and leaving the same day should be possible for a lot of you.

I’d be glad to see a bunch of you on Sunday

BR, Tobias

EDSO, Germany

I forgot to mention: AvGas and MoGas are available, payments cash only

EDSO, Germany

Thats’s already tomorrow :-) Anyone already planning to visit us? I’d be so happy to welcome you!

EDSO, Germany

We are at Copenhagen for a few days.If someone is interested in a spontaneous meetup, we would be pleased.

EDDS , Germany

Anyone here from the UK and interested in a meet-up in the UK?

Accommodation is almost unavailable (due to travel abroad issues) but a day trip is as doable as ever.

I posted this in the ad hoc meetup teleram group also.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am planning to do Glenforsa 24-26 August and have booked a room for two nights.

Fuel is now available again at Oban, with the price surprisingly reasonable.

The Glenforsa runway is 750m grass and in good condition, though it does have windsocks at each end with a tendency to point at each other.

Any interest @Peter @RobertL18C @Alpha_Floor , or indeed anyone else? For those who cannot use the Glenforsa strip there is always the option to be shuttled in from Oban, which I would gladly help with.

Last Edited by Graham at 27 Jul 18:16
EGLM & EGTN

I would be interested in Scotland in August (will be up there 7/8 Aug) as I have nothing else planned for Aug.

Prefer tarmac though, especially if there has been recent rain. Very happy to do Oban. Accommodation is obviously hard, with Brits being “kept indoors”. Most UK tourist destinations are absolutely manic. I will be mostly camping – legally or otherwise

Organising a meet-up is really hard these days. I think most of the regulars have basically packed up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If anyone is in Bretagne between the 30th of July and the 15th of August, I’ll be near Quimper during this period…

ENVA, Norway

Sadly not around, hopefully weather gets better down there by then !

I went to Brittany last weekend, it does not look a normal summer: we drove instead of flying and still had to divert and stop driving the car few times anytime we punched through some patches of heavy sowers as my car is “VFR only”

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 Jul 12:22
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message