Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for a halfway point between Spain and Germany

We’ve had this conversation before a bit but then my preference turned out to be Avignon. Now I’m no longer departing from Sababell. Instead my origin is LEBA Cordoba.

I’m looking for a good lunch or overnight stop somewhere around Clermont-Ferrand and Lyon with a preference towards the East. The place should have an IFR approach, good food, hotel at or close to the airport and ideally accept the Air BP fuel card (I undestand that Total might be more useful in France).

A good example is Colmar where there is a Novotel at the airport and a good lunch can be found just outside.

I’m trying to keep the flight from Cordoba LEBA to “the place” under 4 hours or below 700 NM.

Many thanks.

Frequent travels around Europe

Lyon Bron ticks the boxes and you can sleep next to your aircraft in the hotel.

Stephan_Schwab wrote:

A good example is Colmar where there is a Novotel at the airport and a good lunch can be found just outside.

Colmar is an excellent destination. Downtown is close, so you do not necessarily need to stay at the Novotel.

Further North/West you have Troyes which has a hotel with a nice restaurant in walking distance. Might be a Novotel. Don’t remember what fuel company is there. It sure isn’t BP. The AIP says it takes “carte à puce” which I interpret to mean Visa/Mastercard. A little bit away from your ideal route depending on where in Germany you are headed.

Strasbourg is a nice airport with fuel (BP). Dosn’t seem to be a hotel on the field but there is a Kyriad in Lingolsheim.

Dole Tavaux is open Mon-Fri and has Avgas (BP) during opening hours. Open 7 days a week. One hotel/restaurant in walking distance (2 km)

LFPT, LFPN

What about AirBP at Lyon-Bron? AirBP’s website doesn’t list it. I also know that Avignon doesn’t have AirBP anymore.

Clermont-Ferrand does accept AirBP. I don’t know anything about food, hotel and how it goes when arriving around 13:00 LT there, which is what might happen next week.

Last Edited by Stephan_Schwab at 20 Oct 12:43

What’s the problem with using a credit card?

According to their website and VAC chart, LFLY has TOTAL fuel but takes credit card.
It ticks all the boxes.

LFLC I know little about it, but has good reviews on eddh.de.

Edit : just checked, LFLC has a brand new GAT and Novotel has a free shuttle service. Better to call them ahead anyway (they should speak good english).

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 20 Oct 13:50
LFOU, France

Aviathor wrote:

Colmar is an excellent destination. Downtown is close, so you do not necessarily need to stay at the Novotel.

And if you walk across the main road there is the Hotel Roi Soleil Prestige, better and cheaper than the Novotel

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Thank you all for the information provided.

As for this trip I don’t need to stay overnight I will likely stay close to the direct line and get fuel and some food at Clermont-Ferrand. The stop should be quick.

For Achim: credit card is of course totally ok. When I say “AirBP” I’m mostly thinking about a self-service pump to make the turn-around as quick as possible. But then I’ve also experienced other forms – good and bad. All is well.

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message