Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ferry pilot USA-Europe

Silvaire wrote:

My experience in installing wings is that the best thing you can have is a fair number of people.

Absolutely. And a stack of old truck tires.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

In case you haven’t seen this presentation it is helpful and no nonsense

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Antonio wrote:

You are supposed to import the goods upon entry into the EU, with the exception of transits to a different final EU destination, which should be declared under “T1” .

Exactly. And one pays the VAT in the country of import; unless you have the right paperwork, that is (assuming they catch you there) the first landing in the EU.

Snoopy wrote:

Is it ok to import the plane using the country with lowest VAT?

Yes, but then you either have to do the first EU landing there, or have good papers arranged for all intermediary landings (the rumour says this is a T1 form).

ELLX

I thought there was no VAT if you’re moving to the EU and bringing an already owned vehicle with you…

Also, fly it across! I flew my C182 over and it was great.

Kent, UK

Katamarino wrote:

I thought there was no VAT if you’re moving to the EU and bringing an already owned vehicle with you…

Also, fly it across! I flew my C182 over and it was great.

Thats what I did although I landed at Wick. Afterward before final destination I toured France, flew to Germany and ended up in Hungary. Look at all the stress I saved by being ignorant and luck not to have been stopped in France. Although, I did make sure that I would have an exemption for the VAT in Hungary.

KHTO, LHTL
75 Posts
Sign in to add your message