Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for info on Are Ostersund Aiport ESNZ

I stopped at Sveg ESND with about 10 other aircraft in 2014 and it worked well. Quite casual although not much activity. Current AIP (Jepp) shows Jet-A in addition to the Avgas that we got, as well as 24hr operation and PCL. We flew direct from there to Trondheim, about 130nm. Considered ARE/Oestersund ESNZ (not ENSZ as indicated above, i.e. in Sweden not Norway) but only as an alternate. Sveg is a quaint little town in a very pretty area.

LSZK, Switzerland

Yes, building some protective layer before heading to the Svalbard cold!

At that time of year it could be colder in Åre than at Svalbard… Åre doesn’t really start to thaw up before mid March, but in these global warming times you never know, it could easily rain also. I think Svalbard has increased the average temp by almost 10 degrees in the last 20 years.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I guess you have booked it long in advance!

A bit like arranging avgas in Svalbard… I flew up there a few years ago:

Last Edited by Pilot-H at 24 Nov 19:09

Nice! You went there in the summer?

Re faviken, about 2-3 month ago. Managed to get seating for 4 on that Saturday. The online website is really crap as it does you when there is any availability but not what for.

It was the end of March. Just about the beginning of 24 hour Daylight.

I guess you need to call Faviken rather than use the website?

That probably works best. In my case, see dates that could be interesting on the website and then call and check what is actually available

@Wernvik, I might consider smaller airport after all. The fee for ground power in case I need it at ESNZ seems to be about 5000 SEK (500 GBP/EUR). With little experience in such cold, I am not sure I want to risk it!

From the google translation of the website, there seem to be something about cars. Does that mean they have rental? Having a car there seems essential (I doubt taxis will be cheap), but I could also be wrong:

What does this mean?
Det finns en trafikövningsplats för bilar i anslutning till flygplatsområdet som drivs av oss.

Thank you!

Noe wrote:

Det finns en trafikövningsplats för bilar i anslutning till flygplatsområdet som drivs av oss.

In connection to the airport area, there is a traffic practise area for cars, operated by us. (Don’t know what the proper English term is.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Is that somewhere where people can for instance learn to drive (or driving courses) without being on the public roads?

Nothing related to me being able to rent a cheap car then I suppose.

Thank you!

Noe wrote:

Nothing related to me being able to rent a cheap car then I suppose.

I was at ESNZ this month for some skiing. Got a car from Sixt with 27km on the odo. Nothing unusual to report from there. Just cold.

LPFR, Poland
Sign in to add your message